Sign in to follow this  
Antonio108

Hello to All

Hello,

Started Qigong +20 years ago and also interested  in meditation.

My actual practices are Shibashi, wuji qigong and taichi ruler. 

Edited by Antonio108
  • Like 2

Welcome to the Tao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join click on [Reveal hidden contents] give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about.  Keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friends along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads, ask questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Welcome, its nice to have someone with so much experience join us.  I see that Dainin wrote in his PPD section that he did a set of Shibashi today.  Its a small internet world.

TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

Edited by Welcomer

20 hours ago, Antonio108 said:

Wuji qigong

Hi! 

Is it a method from Elliott, Zhui Hui, Milton or from another source? 

3 hours ago, Cleansox said:

Hi! 

Is it a method from Elliott, Zhui Hui, Milton or from another source? 

Hi CleanSox,

Started many years ago with the system I first learn from my teacher (South Shaolin qigong) but it was somewhat different because one would gently swing the body back and forth.

After that I have practiced from the book “wuji breathing” and also from Jan dieperslot’s book. Lately I have been following the instructions of S. Elliott, but I am not sure I am going to continue because I am having some very strong reactions and I am not sure why. Maybe it is the element breathing that he has introduced in the practice?

Can you tell me a little bit more about Zhui Hui and  Milton?

Edited by Antonio108

5 hours ago, Antonio108 said:

tely I have been following the instructions of S. Elliott, but I am not sure I am going to continue because I am having some very strong reactions and I am not sure why. Maybe it is the element breathing that he has introduced in the practice?

First, sorry but I am one of the insufferable knowitalls on this site, so this might sound bad. 

Elliott has combined hindu/buddhist and chinese systems, and although some of his general thought is very interesting, in my opinion (backed by how it is done in my practice), it is incomplete and have some interesting variations I would not care to practice myself. 

If this statement does not offend you too much, you can always pm me and we can discuss his book. 😁 

Can you tell me a little bit more about Zhui Hui and  Milton?

Zhui Hui (I just refreshed my memory online, so the name might be wrong, it has been years since I investigated this method) practiced a method from Wudang: Wuji Qigong/Primordial Qigong/Tai Chi for liberation. 

He taught four Americans (in a really short setting): Jahnke, Bollo, Cohen and Winn. According to Jahnke, they promised him not to teach (probably the alchemical aspect) all of it. I have had some mail contact with an instructor from one of these (the form have overlaps with my practice), and as far as I could tell (the same with books and dvds on the form) they kept the promise. 

I haven't seen Winns material, my bank refused to go through with the payment to the Healing Tao account because of european anti-terrorist laws (!). 

Milton teaches basically the same form, but had another chinese instructor if I remember right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cleansox said:

If this statement does not offend you too much, you can always pm me and we can discuss his book.

:) No offense at all. Everyone is entitled to his opinion. As I said, I have just started the practice so I do not have yet enough experience to say much about it. I will PM you  If you don't mind.

The word wuji can refer to two types of practice; the standing posture (Zhan Zhuang)like it is described in Elliot's book and a moving practice called wuji or primordial qigong. The authors you mentioned ( Jahnke, Bollo (could it be Rubbo instead?), Cohen and Winn) belong to the latest, isn't it ?

Edited by Antonio108

Yes, Rubbo. Never remember names. 

And yes, all the others are doing moving practices. 

(Added:Rubber ball, Rubbo Bollo. How the mind works....) 

Edited by Cleansox
Added stuff
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this