Earl Grey

PRIDE x Godzilla

I don't know, the video raises more questions then answers for me.

Like, why does Godzilla seem so British? 

• Haha 1

On a tangential subject, though maybe not. since its about a Godzilla that swings 5 ways. 

I'm talking about Shin Godzilla, an official Godzilla movie with a strange new take from 2017.  It was one of Japans top movies of the year.  In some ways it goes back to the roots- of Godzilla as metaphor for Nature vs man's hubris.   Yet it also has a new twist, throughout the movie he evolves from one form to another.   His 4rth form being the classic one, yet at the end its a strange metaphysical form.   Being after the Fukishima disaster, the Japanese government is thoughtful, slow and ineffective, the Americans too militaristic.

Its a movie loved or hated.  I've been wanting to see it, but can't find it on streaming.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

How many friggin Godzilla movies are there  ?  I even worked on one in Sydney .   The best part was watching a huge crane lift a massive concrete block up .... up ... up ......   then let it drop on a car  ( later they edit in a Godzilla foot  stomping it )  - that was fun to watch  :)

It was the   28th   remake  !

• Like 1