Sign in to follow this  
awayfarer

Acupuncture

Hey Bums-

I was curious if any of you practice acupuncture on your own bodies. I am interested in learning acupuncture, mostly for self use. I've investigated the "prestigious" schools and it seems outrageously expensive and time consuming. I am admittedly biased against most private colleges and the education industry as a whole. Anyone have any advice?

I am also curious if any of you have any home remedies for blockages in the kidney and liver meridians? I've been using a tim tam power massager and tiger balm but the relief is very temporary. I am going to see my acupuncturist in a week - first time since the lockdown. Appreciate all the thoughts to come.

• Like 1

For using acupuncture points and theory on your own body, or as an adjunct to a massage practice, I recommend Cindy Black's Meridian Massage Approach. Cindy is a massage therapist who decided to go to acupuncture school. After she became an acupuncturist, she ended up deciding she liked hands work better than needles, so she integrated the two.  IMO, her biggest talent is teaching! She has a three month online course that will get you familiar with the concepts and strategies, covering yin and yang, 5 element theory, the Organ systems, the twelve meridians, 60 useful points, and practices for developing qi.  The subject is very complex, but she layers the information and integrates it in ways that help you absorb it. And you can repeat the course for free, which lots of us do!  The course is offered the first 3 months of each year. 

If you take that course, you will know what to do for your own liver and kidneys.   :) 

Here's a link: https://www.bigtreehealing.com

• Thanks 2

Hello,

Rather than focusing on the branch (effect) why don't you work on the root (cause). What is that you are doing on your daily basis that is causing you to have those blockages in the first place?

Work on them and the problem will be gone for good.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Yes, I do use acupuncture on myself. However, it's quite risky as one's own image of themselves easily leads to big errors on diagnosys.

Therefore, I prefer to use it sparsely and ask for help from another practioneer for bigger stuff.

Sign in to follow this