Sign in to follow this  
darkflame

Experience with tcm - Not qi gong

Greetings everyone.

I am an experienced tcm practitioner here are some pictures of my herb garage:
https://imgur.com/a/3M8MVCR

And that is only a fraction of what I have in storage. I have tested almost 300 herbs in my body at this point. Not including mineral substances.

I used tcm and herbs to completely occur extreme anxiety and psychosis that was ruining my life for years.

Through this herbal journey I have become very very in tune with how different substances affect my body. At this point I can ingest herbs outside of the Chinese pharmacopoeia and with decent confidence say what their classical categorization would have been.

The reason I am joining this forum is I want to add qi gong to my daily practice to enhance the energy manipulation I am achieving with herbs.

Primarily I want to enhance kidney yin as that is the main deficiency I suffer from. Any classic routines for the enhancement of kidney yin?

• Like 1

Welcome to the Tao Bums.  A wonderful forum to learn, discuss and cultivate.  Below are 3 important sections: Our Rules, The Insult Policy and our 3 Foundations.  Before you join give them a read. 

Most of it boils down to being respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.  Discussion and arguments are what the board is about but keep it civil, don't get personal.  Don't be a troll or one issue zealot. 

We're here for good conversation and make some friends along the way, to be a community.  Jump right in, start threads asking questions, look for interesting threads and post your (relevant) thoughts. 

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Wow, that's alot of herbs.  Welcome to the Bums, you'll find much on qi gong.  I look forward to your contributions.

TDB team

Read and review Our Rules:

Our Insult Policy- Read it, Live it

On 30/06/2020 at 5:37 PM, darkflame said:

The reason I am joining this forum is I want to add qi gong to my daily practice to enhance the energy manipulation I am achieving with herbs.

Primarily I want to enhance kidney yin as that is the main deficiency I suffer from. Any classic routines for the enhancement of kidney yin?

Kidney Yin is the holy grail 😄

The vast majority of people are depleted.

Although people would claim so - qigong will not regenerate kidney yin (at least not directly)... it can - but it takes years - and if that’s the main motivation, you’ll probably drop the practice way before achieving it.

The best way to improve kidney yin is through lifestyle optimisation - eating well, breathing well, sleeping well, exercising well and moderating sexual and mental activity.

Qigong (the genuine systems) generally have aims far greater than stabilising health... 

• Like 3

Both qi gong and TCM herbs use the same stuff to sustain and nourish  us : jing and qi . The only difference is by ways of  different media . While TCM makes use of  jing and qi  in treated herbs , minerals ,inserts ..etc that we eat , stick or steam the body,  smell into our nose ...etc , gi-gong practitioners  use mind , intention, focus or just no-mind  or no-intention to initialize  , first qi  inside our bodies , later qi outside of our bodies , to do the same job .

Some TCM  herbs , same as qi-gong , do replenish our kidney -yin  as qi-gong does . 

While this is all very new to me it is my understanding QiGong isn’t quite as simple as just starting a routine. It’s more of a wholistic system. A lot of preparatory work is done to set a strong foundation for both the mind and the body. Just like proper TaiChi would never have you learning a routine until at least 6 months of movement/meditation prep.. I would suggest reading the book The Root of Chinese Qigong: Secrets of Health, available on Scribd. If you don’t have an account I will happily send you the PDF, just PM me. 

Cheers,

E. S. A.

The Wanderer

Sign in to follow this