VinC

Qigong comparisons - for hesling

Hello!  I’m new here and have enjoyed reading through some threads over the years.  

I learned Moving Form of PanGu Shengong from Master Ou about 10yrs ago while I was going thru Lyme Disease. It helped but didn’t remove all issues (I also cleaned up diet and environment). So after a year I switched to Spring Forest QiGong. That helped me some more - but still not entirely.  I also found Level 1 monotonous.  

I switched to meditation for a few years. Recently I came back to SFQ by way of the 5 Healing Elements form. I really enjoy this form. However, shoulder/tendon and neck issues persist.  

Can anyone recommend any forms that might might be helpful to me?

Thanks! 

• Thanks 1

Welcome. Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.  Though it boils down to be respectful.  No name calling or trolling.  Post as if your mom's looking over your shoulder.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Michael and the TDB team

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 11:20 AM, VinC said:

Hello!  I’m new here and have enjoyed reading through some threads over the years.  

I learned Moving Form of PanGu Shengong from Master Ou about 10yrs ago while I was going thru Lyme Disease. It helped but didn’t remove all issues (I also cleaned up diet and environment). So after a year I switched to Spring Forest QiGong. That helped me some more - but still not entirely.  I also found Level 1 monotonous.  

I switched to meditation for a few years. Recently I came back to SFQ by way of the 5 Healing Elements form. I really enjoy this form. However, shoulder/tendon and neck issues persist.  

Can anyone recommend any forms that might might be helpful to me?

Thanks! 

Flying Phoenix is one. Or you can consult Eric Isen for what is most helpful for your condition.

Hi VinC,

Last year I had a neck problem from an improperly executed shoulder stand that resulted in an annoying crackling sound whenever I turned my head. This lingered for a long time but fortunately it didn't hurt much.

Around this time I picked up a set of DVDs on a form called Liangong, available through Gerald A. Sharp (chiflow.com). The very first time I tried this form,  the cracking sound vanished and hasn't returned since. There are three 18 movement sets of Liangong. The first one is for " Stress, Strains and Sprains" and I think that you might find it helpful. One thing Sharp stresses a lot is the importance of lifting your chest for the movements where you turn your head. Good luck.

• Like 1