Mikey_Power_Up

This Gary Clyman Video. Any Thoughts People?

No it wouldn’t have been different.

When Chen Fa Ke went to a Beijing the top Wu masters came to see him, to test him, they were handled very easily. Yang Cheng Fu didn’t even try and tucked his tail and ran away to Shanghai.

I’m not criticizing you though, that wasn’t bad Tai Chi you posted, just Chen Fa Ke and his direct students were just insanely good, a level of skill and power beyond what people can usually imagine who haven’t seen someone with a direct link to them.

Edited by Immortal4life

Just now, Immortal4life said:

No it wouldn’t have been different.

when Chen Fa Ke went to a Beijing the top Wu masters came to see him, to test him, they were handled very easily. Yang Cheng Fu didn’t even try and tucked his tail and ran away to Shanghai.

I’m not criticizing you though, that wasn’t bad Tai Chi you posted, just Chen Fa Ke and his direct students we’re just insanely good, beyond what people can imagine who haven’t seen someone with a direct link to them.

No offense taken, most people don't know Glenn anyway. Reach out to Glenn sometime if you want to see--he holds back a lot and the same characterization you give to Feng is what I would give to Glenn and his students.... so at this point, words mean nothing and touching hands is all we can do. I don't know Feng's students, but if you're in the East Coast of Canada, Pittsburgh stateside isn't far away. 

In the meanwhile, post some videos of your own skill or your teachers if you want. Not to scrutinize, just to see what your criteria for great is. 

Oh yeah it's like of you go to a minor league baseball game. It's quite impressive, they are skilled athletes, relaxed, they are professionals. But then the major league guy comes along and it's like whoa just nailing it out of the park like holy shit.

I love neck chin na, and it's awesome if you get it, but you gotta be careful. He puts the guy off balance pretty good to set it up, but notice he doesn't have the neck locked out until the opponents head is right against his chest. Imagine if you tried that on a Xinyi fighter, if you know it then you know how risky that's gonna be to get. My Xinyi comes from the Lu songao lineage

One of the deadliest strikes, is the suicide head attack to the chest, that'll kill someone. Break their sternum bone. In a split second they'll nail him with it 

Timestamp 1:10 to 1:30

Edited by Immortal4life

Sure, nice videos but where are your teachers?

Not penis comparing here, I promise, I am happy when people love their teachers.

You love yours and your lineage, and I respect that. 

I'll just show my Sifus or their teachers (Sigong). This is more like comparing baseball card collections, not putting minor league against major league. 

Terry Dunn's teacher, Doo Wai: 

Terry Dunn: 

David Chan with Liuhebafa form, the late master of our Xin Yi lineage. 

David's student and successor, JR Rodrgiguez, my teacher: 

NB: no power in the form in this video as it's the public demo. 

Glenn with Eric 20 years ago: 

Eric recently:

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1

My teachers are closely related, of the same lineage, or comparable to what I linked. Not bringing them into this though.

I like the Liuhebafa, I wanna learn that style in the future👍

2 minutes ago, Immortal4life said:

My teachers are closely related, of the same lineage, or comparable to what I linked. Not bringing them into this though.

I like the Liuhebafa, I wanna learn that style in the future👍

No worries, dude. If you want to keep them private, do so. 

The videos you linked above were all right. Happy you have a practice that keeps you focused. 

Liuhebafa is a totally rad practice...but it's hard to find good teachers since it's rare, and good teachers are even rarer. 

Feng had a very profound level of skill according to his students.   I've been lucky enough to meet and train with a few. 

Virtue and Power BOTH.    

I studied full time under a longmen priest who was also a disciple of Feng Zhigeng.  Multiple times I've trained with (and chauffeured ha!)  the above Chen Xiang. 

I've never met but 2-4 people who could do what they could.  

When asking my teacher how many people they've  met at the level I'm describing,  "maybe 5" was the answer.  

People with profound skill don't act like the person in the first video. 

Within the fist few minutes you can see him delight in the pain he's inflicting. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, qofq said:

Feng had a very profound level of skill according to his students.   I've been lucky enough to meet and train with a few. 

Virtue and Power BOTH.    

I studied full time under a longmen priest who was also a disciple of Feng Zhigeng.  Multiple times I've trained with (and chauffeured ha!)  the above Chen Xiang. 

I've never met but 2-4 people who could do what they could.  

When asking my teacher how many people they've  met at the level I'm describing,  "maybe 5" was the answer.  

People with profound skill don't act like the person in the first video. 

Within the fist few minutes you can see him delight in the pain he's inflicting. 

Yup, this is good Chen and Taijiquan right here you've posted.  

Clyman sadly deserves all the roasting and criticism he gets on this forum in threads one can find in the archive. 

• Like 1

That's actually not Chen family Taiji. But you can see the influence of it, of the winding and reeling, the spirals, the seamless changing of Yin and Yang, on what he is doing there.

If I'm not mistaken Feng called his Taijiquan system Hunyuan, and it was a synthesis of Chen family Taiji with other arts, Xinyi, and Hunyuan qigong, and perhaps other arts like Baji as well. 

It's obviously very good though. 

Edited by Immortal4life