Sign in to follow this  
rocala

Anybody Reading Anything?

I am sure I am not the only one here to use this time of isolation for reading?  I have just finished Samuel Becket's 'Endgame. Currently reading J.G. Ballard's "Drowned World". My regular in take of history is from Christopher Hill's "God's Englishman", a biography of Oliver Cromwell.

• Like 2

I love Becket!  I used to be an actor.  Becket is gold. 

Oddly, with all this time off, I'm not reading any books, but I write poetry every day and still peruse some philosophy online daily.

Today will be Wittgenstein.

In General there's an ongoing thread for reading lists you should check out... Which Books sit on your nightstand?

Good resource thread for authors and books of a very wide variety of interests and sources.

Instead of reading, lately I find myself painting, drumming and playing learning guitar.

Cheers mate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rocala said:

I am sure I am not the only one here to use this time of isolation for reading?  I have just finished Samuel Becket's 'Endgame. Currently reading J.G. Ballard's "Drowned World". My regular in take of history is from Christopher Hill's "God's Englishman", a biography of Oliver Cromwell.

I remember reading that a LOOOOOONG   time ago .   Ballard has an unusual style ... I like it , but it sets a strange mood .  he is also good at creating internal imagery with his words .

I also enjoyed his 'Crystal World' - where , for some reason , everything started  crystallising - turning into multi coloured transparent crystals; the trees , fences , houses , the forest , animals .... .  As a teen that entranced me  ... especially  the part with the crystallised / jewelled  alligator

“Au revoir, jewelled alligators and white hotels, hallucinatory forests, farewell.”― J.G. Ballard

crystal-world.jpg?ssl=1

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this