Rara

Amoral Dao

On 4/6/2020 at 5:50 AM, Rara said:

One of my teachers told me that with a calm mind, I will know myself what the right thing to do in any situation is.

How do you handle questions on morality? Do you play along with the debate? Humour people? Avoid it altogether?

Listen to your teacher.

When people ask me about morals I cry at the deathbed of the Dao.

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2020 at 10:12 PM, Rara said:

I have had a teacher who was very much anti morals and anti ethics... The idea was that any constraint on natural expression can only ever be 'bad'... and good can only ever come from the De - the virtue that originates from the 'pre-acquired mind'... But then again many of his students got into drugs, alcohol, fights etc - until they stopped practice altogether.

How about analoguous to Bruce Lee's formless path - accept both strands of philosophy so both are available dynamically. Nourish the creator-like emergence of high ideals and such but also nourish the passive let-be path. To truly walk the path of divinity do we not have to become a nourishing beacon for all expressions? Including approving of those who pursue to prove that path wrong?

If this is mindblowing, then maybe that's the ultimate pointer.

On 6/14/2020 at 10:07 PM, freeform said:

Yes totally. It’s easy to develop peace and serenity isolated from the stressors and stimuli of other people... but if that peace is easily shattered by someone cutting you off in traffic - then it’s a temporary experience - not a transformation.

But even this must not become a mantra, for balance is conductive to health (or maybe the relationship is even tighter), and every standard recipe is a strategy of mental energy-saving and thus rooted in fear (via scarcity).

As the saying goes: One man's poison is another man's medicine. - This awareness ensures that we cultivate selfless action by not preaching our own likeness but inquire about what another being needs to find balance. Only then are we truly concerned with healing the world, I would posit.

Edited by Owledge