1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

His belly was not soft at all, it was like pressing on a piece of wood. It wasn’t pudge. His whole waist was surrounded by about six inches of rock hard muscle.

It’s not muscle :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Yes, i was told that for it to push back so hard that it was energy, which makes sense.  I don't think muscle would be so unyielding.

Yeah - technically it’s a layer of fascia under pressure from internal Qi :)

• Like 3

On 2/10/2020 at 12:16 PM, Starjumper said:
Here’s a little something you probably didn’t know about Cheng Man Ching. He felt none of his students ‘got it’ and that he had been a failure as a teacher, so he stopped teaching, went back to China, and drank himself to death within six months.
On 2/10/2020 at 5:45 PM, Starjumper said:

When I came back from the mountains to Seattle, with the intention of resuming classes with Dave, one of his students told me that he was dead.  It appears the problem with his wife’s health plus his dwindling student numbers was very upsetting to him and he could no longer manage.  So he went into his front yard, put a shotgun to the side of his head, and pulled the trigger.

On 2/12/2020 at 8:15 AM, Starjumper said:

Sid was eighty-eight and he stopped teaching for a time. Earlier he’d had knee surgery, and he went back to get another operation on his knee to remove scar tissue. After the operation he was bed-ridden for awhile. He had two of my students go to his house to begin training in the way of secret agents, and then he died. He died of a gun shot to the head. It was suicide, or apparent suicide. He simply left a note on the bed, which said he wanted to see what it was like on the other side.

And let's not forget that Bruce Lee died at 32, too!

Hmm, I'm noticing a "disturbing," or at least curious, pattern here... :huh:

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1