Nungali

'Politically Correct' Run Rampant

On 1/16/2020 at 3:35 PM, Nungali said:

If the problem is within the higher echelons  of the industry, due to those with perceived 'power' over others , why not focus on them, instead of the grunts on the ground, that actually had nothing to do with that problem in the first place?

But it's not just confined to the higher echelons, if you're talking about the workplace in general.

I know an attractive woman who just started working at a major corporation.  I thought these days, men would be overly-paranoid about any behavior remotely considered sexual harassment at work.  So, I was shocked to hear how many of her "grunt" coworkers were openly hitting on her, like even on their intranet messaging (leaving a full electronic trail).  Like, it's just the same as always, if not worse!  They really just don't give a f***!

There is a real problem out there, from the bottom to the top.  And the more attractive women especially will have to deal with more of it.  Unless you talk with some of them personally, you may not realize it because they usually don't file official complaints.

Lets have some politically incorrect  fun

Prince Philip to the President of Nigeria ;

4CA5B3CA00000578-5774569-image-a-8_15273

"You look like you're ready for bed!"

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, gendao said:

But it's not just confined to the higher echelons, if you're talking about the workplace in general.

I'm not .

I know an attractive woman who just started working at a major corporation.  I thought these days, men would be overly-paranoid about any behavior remotely considered sexual harassment at work.  So, I was shocked to hear how many of her "grunt" coworkers were openly hitting on her, like even on their intranet messaging (leaving a full electronic trail).  Like, it's just the same as always, if not worse!  They really just don't give a f***!

There is a real problem out there, from the bottom to the top.  And the more attractive women especially will have to deal with more of it.  Unless you talk with some of them personally, you may not realize it because they usually don't file official complaints.

I am well aware of that  AND in other areas of the workplace .     I supported a waitresses claim (actually I initiated it )  about harassment  at a place I worked .... and I added some 'Nunjali justice'  to the mix for the purp as well .

Depends what 'hitting on' means  ; in some cultures , people tell me , eg.  sections of Israel ( I mean sections, like army or Kibbutz - where men and women are closely integrated )  and in some  Eastern European places , it is not 'untoward; for a woman to  up front ask a man if he wants sex  or visa versa .  Is that 'hitting on' someone ?

Also, the amount of  nurses I saw  fawning over and flirting with doctors ... is that 'hitting' ?

At work (back in the film industry now ) we had a woman on crew who was .  (frankly nuts  and ) always having men hit on her and being followed by men  or started at by '  pervs '   . One time at a party, she was right , so I pointed the 'perv' out to here  and she goes "Ooooo ... Barry ? Has he been looking at me ! "   undoes her top button and goes for a walk slinking past him .

Perversion or flattery seems to be in the eye of the beholder .  

I also think there is a difference between people acting obsessively and annoyingly  and those that can 'test the waters' and then adjust and adapt to the 'social setting' .  

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

We are all of us Gardeners.

Every word, every interaction...

a seed planted in every being we affect.

What seeds am i planting?

mind asks this daily

Edited by silent thunder
altered last line for precision

20 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Perversion or flattery seems to be in the eye of the beholder . 

Of course, sexual harassment is UNWELCOME advances.

This could be because you are not attracted to that person, have some other issues with them, or they or you are married/taken, or you just don't want to sh*t where you work, etc, etc...  There's a multitude of reasons why some advances might be unwelcome or welcome in a "professional" workplace.

And just because people might welcome some advances...doesn't mean they don't also have the right to find others unwelcome.  ESPECIALLY AT WORK, where it's not their job to just f*** everyone indiscriminately, lol.

Edited by gendao

19 hours ago, gendao said:

Of course, sexual harassment is UNWELCOME advances.

Of course .    And here 'sexual harassment ' is the better term  than 'hitting on' , which was the term you used before and which was the specific term  I was asking about . .

This could be because you are not attracted to that person, have some other issues with them, or they or you are married/taken, or you just don't want to sh*t where you work, etc, etc...  There's a multitude of reasons why some advances might be unwelcome or welcome in a "professional" workplace.

And just because people might welcome some advances...doesn't mean they don't also have the right to find others unwelcome.  ESPECIALLY AT WORK, where it's not, their job to just f*** everyone indiscriminately lol.

And just becasue YOU  changed the  terms regarding what I was querying,  doesn't mean I think others do not have the right of choice  and that   its " ... their job to just f*** everyone indiscriminately . "

:rolleyes:

Edited by Nungali
  • Thanks 1