-_sometimes

Physical muscular misalignment of head and shoulders is preventing kundalini movement in the head, which is making me feeling extremely slow and dumb

1 hour ago, -_sometimes said:

I feel that I should be considering energy practices that focus on grounding, not avoiding energy practice all together, as I have a strong habit of resting in my head that I need to actively resolve.

There is a good reason to stop all energy practice for at least 6 months. I’ll try to explain why. Just remember that this advice isn’t just from me but from someone who used to be sought out to fix exactly the type of problem you’re having - as well as much worse problems.

With your practice you’ve set into motion a certain pathway for energy to move. As soon as you engage with energetics in any way, your Qi will follow that path. That includes being still with your mind... that also includes trying to ground. 

Think of it this way - over years you’ve been running a stream that leads to your head... as the stream has been flowing this way for a while, it has cut into the land a riverbed. Now when you add ‘water’ (energetics of any kind) - it will invariably follow the course of the riverbed... even if you try to will it to move in another direction. As you know it’s impossible to move water any way other than the way it wants to move.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, freeform said:

With your practice you’ve set into motion a certain pathway for energy to move. As soon as you engage with energetics in any way, your Qi will follow that path. That includes being still with your mind... that also includes trying to ground. 

So when this pressure is in my head.. and my attention rises to it.. I don't understand what I should do then. Because the feeling is so strong, equivalent to a headache kind of 'grossness' - if you will, my attention naturally gravitates to the area. Now it is not good to keep it there as that would just enforce the same pathway. And if I should refrain from trying to ground myself, well.. what do I do then. My attention is on the pressure, I can't do anything about it. I shouldn't do anything about it? Do I just allow my attention to rest there and not bother with it? Just let it exist?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, -_sometimes said:

So when this pressure is in my head.. and my attention rises to it.. I don't understand what I should do then. Because the feeling is so strong, equivalent to a headache kind of 'grossness' - if you will, my attention naturally gravitates to the area. Now it is not good to keep it there as that would just enforce the same pathway. And if I should refrain from trying to ground myself, well.. what do I do then. My attention is on the pressure, I can't do anything about it. I shouldn't do anything about it? Do I just allow my attention to rest there and not bother with it? Just let it exist?

No, I would go see a good acupuncturist, upon investigating the background, training, and references.  This is one of the symptoms they can often eliminate easily unless the underlying problem is something you would want CAT scanned, which a good acupuncturist will tell you if that's the case.  

Another thing I could suggest is use just one practice, known as Beating the Heavenly Drum, designed specifically to alleviate pressure of too much qi/too much yang stuck in the head and upper regions for whatever reason.  I use it preventively with my students after any practice, and usually one round is enough, but you could try using it several times throughout the day, see if it brings relief.  It only takes a minute or less to perform.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, -_sometimes said:

Do I just allow my attention to rest there and not bother with it? Just let it exist?

The idea is to move your attention outside of you... so onto some task outside of your body... watching something - talking to people - walking outside etc. Something you could try is using a ball - like a tennis ball or golf ball and roll it under foot, massaging it.

If you can find a good acupuncturist, then that may help - but 99% of acupuncturists have no idea how to treat Qi deviation. (A weirdly high proportion of them don’t even believe in Qi!)

Beating the heavenly drum might be helpful - but if anything, harmless (as long as you don’t start to do any breathing techniques or directing attention inwards in a focused way.) So do try that.

Your attention will soon normalise, so don’t worry to much. 

And the good news is that once you’ve managed to get things back to normal you can get back to practice (not before 6 months at a minimum).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1