-_sometimes

Physical muscular misalignment of head and shoulders is preventing kundalini movement in the head, which is making me feeling extremely slow and dumb

Recommended Posts

Each day, shortly after waking up, pressure begins to build in my forehead just above my eyes, and progressively gets worse until the end of the day or until I do something physical like walking, which only helps for the period it lasts, as energy in the face drastically increases once I stop. If I stand still and relax tension in the spine, my feet relax into the inner sole, legs bend inwards, my head is forced upwards, mouth open, and constant 'jerks' of the head to the left. Often there is a need to lift up my arms above my head which allows a little more movement, but I either end up back where I started or with arms above the head, nothing happening.. like so /o\ - always accompanied by incessant jerks of the head to the left side. Always the same. I'm often feeling an urge to keep my mouth open which implies some blockage somewhere too I believe, because the natural state when balanced should be mouth closed, tongue to the roof of mouth right?

 

This has been a recurring issue for the past year that I might have been able to identify. It appears my shoulder, neck and back muscles are physically misaligned and I simply can't seem to untangle them. No matter how many times I let the body follow the muscular movements, eventually I get stuck in awkward positions where nothing happens, and so I let go of whatever position I have ended up in and start over. By following muscular movements I mean I relax my upper spine to the point where the muscles move of their own accord, hands, shoulders, arms, head.. but it never seems to do anything substantial.. both because my awareness is not penetrating enough to truly allow movement to happen, so it is often mildly assisted, and because too much movement throws off my concentration and it becomes a long and arduous process of moving ever so slightly, stopping and regaining awareness of the whole body, letting go of personal will, then a little more movement and so on.. very difficult, doesn't really get anywhere.

 

I constantly feel so much slower than I know I am, difficulty grasping concepts, poor vocabulary recall... but I can think and learn.. it just takes so much longer than it used to. I believe I have 'qi in the head'? I have tried zhan zhuang, but this inevitably leads to either involuntary muscular movement as mentioned above, or I get very light headed and feel physically weak after ten minutes, with increased pressure in the head and feeling worse overall..

 

What should I do? What can I do? I cannot afford to ask for advice from the known kundalini/taoist teachers online as all this has made procuring any substantial income nigh on impossible. Where should I look, what practices would help? I appreciate any and all input. I am getting desperate..

Thank you all

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eat more fatty meats and eggs.

Stop doing any top focused energy or meditation techniques.

Rest for at least a couple of days while doing these two things.

After that do more strength related non-energy focused leg work in general, more strength training basically.

When you start incorporating energy practices again focus ONLY on lower areas.  No higher than abdomen.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Forwards said:

Eat more fatty meats and eggs.

Stop doing any top focused energy or meditation techniques.

Rest for at least a couple of days while doing these two things.

After that do more strength related non-energy focused leg work in general, more strength training basically.

When you start incorporating energy practices again focus ONLY on lower areas.  No higher than abdomen.

I don't practice any focused energy or meditation techniques. I used to practice mindfulness in the past and meditate, but I found mindfulness happens on its own now, and directed meditation feels really 'off' and unnatural so I avoid it.

And why strength training? I used to do so, but I found my upper back, shoulder and neck muscles weren't aligned properly - like my shoulder muscles would lock in and out of positions while doing exercises as simple as push ups, and realised I would likely end up building muscle in areas that would exacerbate the issues, so stopped..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, -_sometimes said:

I don't practice any focused energy or meditation techniques. I used to practice mindfulness in the past and meditate, but I found mindfulness happens on its own now, and directed meditation feels really 'off' and unnatural so I avoid it.

And why strength training? I used to do so, but I found my upper back, shoulder and neck muscles weren't aligned properly - like my shoulder muscles would lock in and out of positions while doing exercises as simple as push ups, and realised I would likely end up building muscle in areas that would exacerbate the issues, so stopped..

To minimize rambling, if you're experiencing kundalini like symptoms or issues you need to improve your hormonal health as best as possible.  This isnt to say that you're not healthy in general, but if these things are acting up and you're sure they're not due to something else, you need to up your game.

 

A focus on fatty meats and protein within a healthy diet, strength based bodily stress and proper rest and recovery will go a long way to putting your body into a place where the symptoms are minimized.

 

Major things to avoid are any head based spiritual or philosophical brain bending sessions, vegetarian or low meat diets and normal unhealthy habits like smoking, drinking, druggin and excessive sexin and masturbation.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, if you're having problems with posture and posterior muscles check out foundation training.  There's a free intro exercise called the founder on YouTube

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -_sometimes said:

Each day, shortly after waking up, pressure begins to build in my forehead just above my eyes, and progressively gets worse until the end of the day or until I do something physical like walking, which only helps for the period it lasts, as energy in the face drastically increases once I stop. If I stand still and relax tension in the spine, my feet relax into the inner sole, legs bend inwards, my head is forced upwards, mouth open, and constant 'jerks' of the head to the left. Often there is a need to lift up my arms above my head which allows a little more movement, but I either end up back where I started or with arms above the head, nothing happening.. like so /o\ - always accompanied by incessant jerks of the head to the left side. Always the same. I'm often feeling an urge to keep my mouth open which implies some blockage somewhere too I believe, because the natural state when balanced should be mouth closed, tongue to the roof of mouth right?

 

This has been a recurring issue for the past year that I might have been able to identify. It appears my shoulder, neck and back muscles are physically misaligned and I simply can't seem to untangle them. No matter how many times I let the body follow the muscular movements, eventually I get stuck in awkward positions where nothing happens, and so I let go of whatever position I have ended up in and start over. By following muscular movements I mean I relax my upper spine to the point where the muscles move of their own accord, hands, shoulders, arms, head.. but it never seems to do anything substantial.. both because my awareness is not penetrating enough to truly allow movement to happen, so it is often mildly assisted, and because too much movement throws off my concentration and it becomes a long and arduous process of moving ever so slightly, stopping and regaining awareness of the whole body, letting go of personal will, then a little more movement and so on.. very difficult, doesn't really get anywhere.

 

First of all (and this is just my thoughts on what you wrote) I would not view this kind of thing as being necessarily negative.  It is positive for instance that you have become conscious of these things and although it is unpleasant you can view this as a stage in progress.  There's an issue for all of us to balance 'letting go' with 'effort' and it's a kind of tangled web as it is based in fundamental misunderstanding of who we are - which we have to work through.  So the first thing I would say is don't get frustrated or exasperated by these experiences - they are things that all of us have to work through.  Try to be an interested observer who can try out different things to find a way through.

 

It may help to think about the idea that in addition to a physical body you also have an energy body (subtle body), mental and consciousness/will also.  Very often the solution to problems at one level e.g. physical, are resolved at a 'higher' level.  For instance small realignments in the subtle body can make a big difference at the physical - instead of trying to tackle things head-on if you see what I mean.  Most if not all blockages are emotional (in the sense that they influence/control the way in which energy moves in your being).  By this I am not promoting therapy as in self indulgent psychoanalysis but an acknowledgement that emotions are functioning all the time - when we sleep and during the day.

 

 

3 hours ago, -_sometimes said:

I constantly feel so much slower than I know I am, difficulty grasping concepts, poor vocabulary recall... but I can think and learn.. it just takes so much longer than it used to. I believe I have 'qi in the head'? I have tried zhan zhuang, but this inevitably leads to either involuntary muscular movement as mentioned above, or I get very light headed and feel physically weak after ten minutes, with increased pressure in the head and feeling worse overall..

 

What should I do? What can I do? I cannot afford to ask for advice from the known kundalini/taoist teachers online as all this has made procuring any substantial income nigh on impossible. Where should I look, what practices would help? I appreciate any and all input. I am getting desperate..

Thank you all

 

Are there no teachers or classes near where you live that you could attend?  Not all charge silly high rates and some basic practice with others might help you through this.  Other than that apart from good diet and exercise I would recommend keeping a log or diary making short notes of your daily experiences and what ideas occur to you about them.  Read around the subject of either kundalini or neidan but without attempting anything forceful.  Treat yourself gently and try to 'make haste slowly' with a step by step approach to turning round how you feel.  Others in here will probably give more 'technical' advice - so I hope this doesn't sound too waffly (?)! :)

 

Best wishes

A.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, -_sometimes said:

Each day, shortly after waking up, pressure begins to build in my forehead just above my eyes, and progressively gets worse until the end of the day or until I do something physical like walking, which only helps for the period it lasts, as energy in the face drastically increases once I stop. If I stand still and relax tension in the spine, my feet relax into the inner sole, legs bend inwards, my head is forced upwards, mouth open, and constant 'jerks' of the head to the left. Often there is a need to lift up my arms above my head which allows a little more movement, but I either end up back where I started or with arms above the head, nothing happening.. like so /o\ - always accompanied by incessant jerks of the head to the left side. Always the same. I'm often feeling an urge to keep my mouth open which implies some blockage somewhere too I believe, because the natural state when balanced should be mouth closed, tongue to the roof of mouth right?

 

This has been a recurring issue for the past year that I might have been able to identify. It appears my shoulder, neck and back muscles are physically misaligned and I simply can't seem to untangle them. No matter how many times I let the body follow the muscular movements, eventually I get stuck in awkward positions where nothing happens, and so I let go of whatever position I have ended up in and start over. By following muscular movements I mean I relax my upper spine to the point where the muscles move of their own accord, hands, shoulders, arms, head.. but it never seems to do anything substantial.. both because my awareness is not penetrating enough to truly allow movement to happen, so it is often mildly assisted, and because too much movement throws off my concentration and it becomes a long and arduous process of moving ever so slightly, stopping and regaining awareness of the whole body, letting go of personal will, then a little more movement and so on.. very difficult, doesn't really get anywhere.

 

I constantly feel so much slower than I know I am, difficulty grasping concepts, poor vocabulary recall... but I can think and learn.. it just takes so much longer than it used to. I believe I have 'qi in the head'? I have tried zhan zhuang, but this inevitably leads to either involuntary muscular movement as mentioned above, or I get very light headed and feel physically weak after ten minutes, with increased pressure in the head and feeling worse overall..

 

What should I do? What can I do? I cannot afford to ask for advice from the known kundalini/taoist teachers online as all this has made procuring any substantial income nigh on impossible. Where should I look, what practices would help? I appreciate any and all input. I am getting desperate..

Thank you all

 

Congratulations, while challenging at first, this is all a very positive sign. ¬†Your heart is open and you are actively transmitting energy. ¬†But, the issue is more that you are starting to subconsciously¬†connect to your local environment and the people around you. In chakra terms, you have a blockage the throat chakra and have subconscious issues and fears of these ‚Äúoutside‚ÄĚ of your body connections.

 

Normally at this level you would start to work with other high level teachers to help make these outside connections more conscious. It is also possible on your own to help break open these blockages by working with divine beings (as many traditions do).  Do you have any specific tradition or divine being you trust/believe in? Also, since you are more transmitting, a more receptive type being (classically female) would be easiest for you to work with on such things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for responding
 

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

you have a blockage the throat chakra and have subconscious issues and fears of these ‚Äúoutside‚ÄĚ of your body connections

could you please expand on what you mean by "fears of these 'outside' of your body connections"?

 

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Normally at this level you would start to work with other high level teachers to help make these outside connections more conscious. It is also possible on your own to help break open these blockages by working with divine beings (as many traditions do

As mentioned in my OP, I can't afford to receive support from teachers and what not, and I live in an area void of any level of awareness, so would be unlikely to find anyone locally even if I tried. Everyone is poor, on drugs and alcohol, and extremely miserable lol

I used to be religious, but am not at all right now; being what I suppose you might call a 'zen practitioner', my entire practice is based on letting go of beliefs/concepts

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -_sometimes said:

thanks for responding
 

could you please expand on what you mean by "fears of these 'outside' of your body connections"?

 

In Taoist terms it would be more like the middle dantien is not yet full, and so not yet Shen energy. You are blocking any energy connections with your broader environment, and that build up creates the body issues and feelings that you describe. Like you have some deep fear of outside energies.

 

1 minute ago, -_sometimes said:

 

As mentioned in my OP, I can't afford to receive support from teachers and what not, and I live in an area void of any level of awareness, so would be unlikely to find anyone locally even if I tried. Everyone is poor, on drugs and alcohol, and extremely miserable lol

I used to be religious, but am not at all right now; being what I suppose you might call a 'zen practitioner', my entire practice is based on letting go of beliefs/concepts

 

What kind of religion?  If Buddhist, someone like the goddess Tara would be a good fit. Connecting to her with more classical tantric or Dzogchen Buddhist techniques.  It is also possible for experienced teachers to remotely work with you, the issue is more related to your being able to trust someone, as it would be dealing with the fear of outside energy that is creating the problem in the first place.

 

If you want, I can send you a remote ‚Äúhug‚ÄĚ to see if you feel anything, and how it makes you feel?¬†Just be aware, many members here have concerns about remote energy stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

 

If you want, I can send you a remote ‚Äúhug‚ÄĚ to see if you feel anything, and how it makes you feel?¬†Just be aware, many members here have concerns about remote energy stuff.

Without a functioning lower dan tien i would be EXTREMELY wary of this op

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forwards said:

Without a functioning lower dan tien i would be EXTREMELY wary of this op

 

One needs a functioning lower dantien to even feel/notice energy stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jeff said:

 

One needs a functioning lower dantien to even feel/notice energy stuff.

We can disagree here

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to me like your energy is stuck at your neck/back of the head, somewhere at Du-16/17 acupuncture points. I know this from myself, along with those symptoms like feeling mentally tired, vocabulary difficulties, "brainfog".

I would advise to work on your posture. Pay attention to your head: Keep it up, chin slighty inwards, stretch your neck/cervicular area slighty whilst moving the back of your head a bit back- and upwards.. Deep breathing is important as it helps to relax and realign your neck-area automatically. Zhang Zhuan should be a very fitting practice but only if you find a good teacher who can correct your posture.

Buying those can also be of good help: 81vbOugANKL._SX569_.jpg

 

Edit: Massaging your KI-1 point on the soles of the feet is a useful way to free your head of stuck energy. 

Edited by phil
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

50 minutes ago, Jeff said:

It is also possible for experienced teachers to remotely work with you, the issue is more related to your being able to trust someone, as it would be dealing with the fear of outside energy that is creating the problem in the first place.

 

If you want, I can send you a remote ‚Äúhug‚ÄĚ [...]

 

(Bold mine)

 

Nice set up Jeff... brought to mind the following song:

 

 

Haven't we had enough drama here due to you playing with people you shouldn't have?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

You are blocking any energy connections with your broader environment, and that build up creates the body issues and feelings that you describe. Like you have some deep fear of outside energies.

I'm curious to know what led you to this conclusion.. regardless if by broader environment you mean 'outside of myself, aka others' then yes I find social interaction extremely problematic, and I can quickly shut down completely, and it does not take much to make the other person equally queasy. I am aware of this and working through it, but I feel only something short of enlightenment would allow freedom from this, as I have begun to notice the reason for it is almost existential.

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

What kind of religion?

It has nothing to do with deities, gods, beliefs or anything of the sort. But I wouldn't mind visualizing I guess :)

 

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

the issue is more related to your being able to trust someone, as it would be dealing with the fear of outside energy that is creating the problem in the first place.

seriously, what makes you say this ?

Edited by -_sometimes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, -_sometimes said:

seriously, what makes you say this ?

 

It's simply the set up for what comes next..

 

I'd recommend walking calmly away.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

 

 

(Bold mine)

 

Nice set up Jeff... brought to mind the following song:

 

 

Haven't we had enough drama here due to you playing with people you shouldn't have?

saw them last month in Toronto... put me in such a trance i lost chunks of time. amazing show.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

 

 

It's simply the set up for what comes next..

 

I'd recommend walking calmly away.

Yes and I often wonder why the novelty has not worn off yet as this goes on year after year,  after year and I feel sorry for some people because in my opinion they are stuck and do not recognize it as a phase in their evolution that one just goes through.

 

Oh well it takes the time it takes to move from the security of absurdness back into the breach of the unknown.

 

I get that.

 

Then again I rip off band-aids without flinching and dismantle entire life structures that no longer support nor suit or serve my best interests in the real world outside of the internet and pie in the sky fantasy.

 

I only know of one other who is like me and she has proven it by having the courage to do the same, and we have made our home together,  I call her my lady.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Yes and I often wonder why the novelty has not worn off yet as this goes on year after year,  after year and I feel sorry for some people because in my opinion they are stuck and do not recognize it as a phase in their evolution that one just goes through.

Well sometimes advice is good.. I have found people on the internet have helped immensely just by dismissing any conceptualizing and nonsense that I have come up with as I've gone through this process :)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, -_sometimes said:

Each day, shortly after waking up, pressure begins to build in my forehead just above my eyes, and progressively gets worse until the end of the day or until I do something physical like walking, which only helps for the period it lasts, as energy in the face drastically increases once I stop. If I stand still and relax tension in the spine, my feet relax into the inner sole, legs bend inwards, my head is forced upwards, mouth open, and constant 'jerks' of the head to the left. Often there is a need to lift up my arms above my head which allows a little more movement, but I either end up back where I started or with arms above the head, nothing happening.. like so /o\ - always accompanied by incessant jerks of the head to the left side. Always the same. I'm often feeling an urge to keep my mouth open which implies some blockage somewhere too I believe, because the natural state when balanced should be mouth closed, tongue to the roof of mouth right?

 

This has been a recurring issue for the past year that I might have been able to identify. It appears my shoulder, neck and back muscles are physically misaligned and I simply can't seem to untangle them. No matter how many times I let the body follow the muscular movements, eventually I get stuck in awkward positions where nothing happens, and so I let go of whatever position I have ended up in and start over. By following muscular movements I mean I relax my upper spine to the point where the muscles move of their own accord, hands, shoulders, arms, head.. but it never seems to do anything substantial.. both because my awareness is not penetrating enough to truly allow movement to happen, so it is often mildly assisted, and because too much movement throws off my concentration and it becomes a long and arduous process of moving ever so slightly, stopping and regaining awareness of the whole body, letting go of personal will, then a little more movement and so on.. very difficult, doesn't really get anywhere.

 

I constantly feel so much slower than I know I am, difficulty grasping concepts, poor vocabulary recall... but I can think and learn.. it just takes so much longer than it used to. I believe I have 'qi in the head'? I have tried zhan zhuang, but this inevitably leads to either involuntary muscular movement as mentioned above, or I get very light headed and feel physically weak after ten minutes, with increased pressure in the head and feeling worse overall..

What should I do? What can I do? I cannot afford to ask for advice from the known kundalini/taoist teachers online as all this has made procuring any substantial income nigh on impossible. Where should I look, what practices would help? I appreciate any and all input. I am getting desperate..

Thank you all

 

Please look into neuroplasticity and dance therapy (especially very slow spontaneous movements).  Become an expert in all types of grounding practices. Absolutely do not have anything to do with energy transmissions, remote or otherwise.

Edited by moment
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, -_sometimes said:

Well sometimes advice is good.. I have found people on the internet have helped immensely just by dismissing any conceptualizing and nonsense that I have come up with as I've gone through this process :)

Sometimes the source of advice is good.

 

Sometimes it is not good and a lead into something quite different.

 

The pill of good advice was already given to you to calmly walk away.

 

Which shall you take? 

 

 I assure you one of the pills leads down a rabbit hole to a place of grand imaginings and pleasant distractions that may not be so pleasant in the end , depending on your make up.  Caution was given for a reason, a compassionate reason not to see others suffer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

Sometimes the source of advice is good.

 

Sometimes it is not good and a lead into something quite different.

 

The pill of good advice was already given to you to calmly walk away.

 

Which shall you take? 

 

 I assure you one of the pills leads down a rabbit hole to a place of grand imaginings and pleasant distractions that may not be so pleasant in the end , depending on your make up.  Caution was given for a reason, a compassionate reason not to see others suffer.

aha yes thanks I appreciate the word of caution. The good fellow has not responded yet so I don't know what I'm in for just yet :P

Edited by -_sometimes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, -_sometimes said:

I'm curious to know what led you to this conclusion.. regardless if by broader environment you mean 'outside of myself, aka others' then yes I find social interaction extremely problematic, and I can quickly shut down completely, and it does not take much to make the other person equally queasy. I am aware of this and working through it, but I feel only something short of enlightenment would allow freedom from this, as I have begun to notice the reason for it is almost existential.

 

Can simply feel your energy transmission at the heart and noticed the issues/obstructions.

 

Quote

It has nothing to do with deities, gods, beliefs or anything of the sort. But I wouldn't mind visualizing I guess :)

 

It is not about visualizing, as that is making it up in your mind. ¬†It is about actually connecting to the being. ¬†This is why an actual living teacher becomes so critical, as that gives you a basis for ‚Äúholy shit‚ÄĚ... I can actually feel the other person in my space, and then easier to believe that a higher being would help (connect with you).¬†

 

It is more important to trust and know in your heart, then create some image.  This response includes the empowerment for accessing the goddess Tara.  Quiet your mind, know it in your heart, and call out for her help and guidance.

 

Quote

 

seriously, what makes you say this ?

 

An open heart with loving trust is the key. Embrace it all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites