SirPalomides

Dog pee

On 11/27/2019 at 1:59 PM, thelerner said:

On the other hand.  When Michael Winn did long term meditation in ye olde Taoist caves reportedly he, like them, drank urine.  He recommended not drinking the first or last third of it..as I recall. 

I would think the first third would be the most fermented.  I wonder why he shied away from it?

5 hours ago, manitou said:

I would think the first third would be the most fermented.  I wonder why he shied away from it?

I believe he was following tradition and the reasoning as I recall was for purity??  The first third had more contaminants. 

Better then my memory, here is the actual article, which is fascinating.  Living in Daoist cave for 5 days in bigu.

https://healingtaousa.com/articles/taoist-alchemy-breatharians/

Here's a quote-

I recalled that one of my western friends had a Taoist spiritual guide who taught him how ancient adepts drank their urine and then refined it with internal alchemy. Since this put no new water into my system, and was a well tested method used by sailors to survive at sea, I began drinking my urine. No need to feel squeamish about this, if you’ve never drunk your urine. Urine doesn’t stink until after it grows cold.

It was my first time, but I literally guzzled my yellow fluid down the next morning. I found it to be warm, salty, and like a very mild and tasty broth – and very satisfying to my kidneys and heart, which cooled off. I had no more problem the rest of the time, and had the feeling I could have continued for a very long time. There is also a homeopathic effect also created by recycling one’s urine repeatedly through your system, as it concentrates many subtle essences that can have healing properties. There is a large literature on people healing serious illnesses with urine drinking. I also noticed something unusual. Every time I urinated, I would pee on the ground the starting and ending urine flow, to remove toxins accumulated in the bladder. I was losing about 30% of my urine each day, a gradual loss of body water.

Curiously, the empty water bottle I used to catch the urine always refilled to the same level each time. This meant my body was either producing water from thin air or it was converting blood or body fat into water. This continued the entire five days, and since I didn’t grow thin, it felt like my kidneys were producing new water, in the same way my spleen chi felt like it was producing new food from the chi field. Of course scientists would say I was deluded and just consuming myself on a fast. But what can scientists say about others who rarely eat for months or years on end? I recalled a conference sponsored by another nei dan teacher, Yan Xin, attended by a number of his scientist-students who themselves had stopped eating for long periods without undue weight loss.

21 hours ago, thelerner said:

I believe he was following tradition and the reasoning as I recall was for purity??  The first third had more contaminants. 

Okay.  As I see it, the first third would have been the most fermented but not involving contaminants because this would be the urine that had been hanging around the longest.  Kind of like the potatoes at the bottom of the barrel.  

I obviously have too much time on my hands.  Want to dance?

On 11/29/2019 at 7:48 PM, manitou said:

I obviously have too much time on my hands.  Want to dance?

or maybe something to wet our whistle? :)

<addon> I don't think 'it' ferments.  If it did the practice of drinking urine would be much more wide spread.  We'd have beers called Piss and Piss light.  Maybe one called Pizt- now with extra piss.  If you drank too much of it you'd be considered beered. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Haha 1