voidisyinyang

Elitom (supposed breatharian) outed as Perv-predator -

Yeah, but your simple point was made amidst a quagmire  of ikky stuff .  Yes, morals do change over time .

It wasnt until the 1960s that the law in Queensland changed ,  it used to be that the penalty for consensual  sex between men had a  max 14 year jail  penalty but non consensual sex ( ie. rape) between man and woman was 7 years penalty

Twice the penalty for being gay as a rapist !

In more modern times,  I think your point might be better demonstrated in the area of 'mental health' , ie.  your example of self harm .

When and  at what level do we non -  consensually , interfere, restrict, incarcerate  people we consider 'mentally unstable ' ?  A hundred years ago (and more recently) thats how we disposed of the troublesome , especially women. Now its more directed towards if people are 'harmed'  by this behaviour or not . But then the policies changed , these people needed to be 'out in the community ' more   and with that change we saw more self harm and more harm to others done .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nungali said:

Yeah, but your simple point was made amidst a quagmire  of ikky stuff .  Yes, morals do change over time .

It wasnt until the 1960s that the law in Queensland changed ,  it used to be that the penalty for consensual  sex between men had a  max 14 year jail  penalty but non consensual sex ( ie. rape) between man and woman was 7 years penalty

Twice the penalty for being gay as a rapist !

In more modern times,  I think your point might be better demonstrated in the area of 'mental health' , ie.  your example of self harm .

When and  at what level do we non -  consensually , interfere, restrict, incarcerate  people we consider 'mentally unstable ' ?  A hundred years ago (and more recently) thats how we disposed of the troublesome , especially women. Now its more directed towards if people are 'harmed'  by this behaviour or not . But then the policies changed , these people needed to be 'out in the community ' more   and with that change we saw more self harm and more harm to others done .

I hope I didn't perpetrate some ikky stuff!

24 minutes ago, Apech said:

I hope I didn't perpetrate some ikky stuff!

A perp , eh ?

s-l300.jpg

No ... well, not here anyway   ;) 

• Haha 1