Sign in to follow this  
rideforever

When Bored It's Time To Argue About Climate Change

Could it be that a very very safe and docile and domesticated world ... produces people who are just really really really and I mean really .... bored ?

What is there to do ?
Amazon already does it, and on Prime you get free delivery.
You have a job ?  It's shit ?  Okay it's shit, but still it's boring.
Where is the risk the hazard the unknown ?
Where is that je ne sais quoi, le magique .... c'est ou ?
No magique ?
Not there.  Because the world has been fixed already, it's all sorted.
So many rules and regulations to be very very safe.

I am so happy to be "safe" but I can't  ... DO ANYTHING ANYMORE.
So I must generate intense arguments to fill the gap.
And our friends in the press will help us, with their help we can argue between even two kinds of farts, or the merit of different paperclips.

Anything for relief of .... "safety".

Boredom is simply an excess remainder of unresolved energy.  When the base mechanisms are harmonized and the remainder disappears, so does this feeling of "boredom." :)

Spoiler

(Dont mind me, I just like to go around poking holes in things that seem so certain :D)

• Like 1

Yes that's interesting.
Everyone needs nourishing and if the nourishment does not arrive then people start to get hungry and look for some action.
It seems to me that in many of the political agendas that are smoking in society, it's is the middle class people who are pushing the agendas, rather than then "end user" of those agendas.

The middle class people always want to save someone.   Always crying out that something really bad is happening or did happen or will happen, but they have the answer.

And I think they are bored because being middle class they live in a protected bubble divorced from the trouble of rolling up sleeves and getting their hands dirty, and so fantasise about juicy real life things to make up for their dull safe lives.

Whereas working class people are more grounded and have enough real life contact, hazard, work and no need to invent excitements.

And ideally the aristocratic class are working towards higher and real purpose (rarely happens these days though).

Plan ahead of time. Plan so freaking far ahead that you need a calendar to remind you.

You will propel yourself to all sorts of things when you aren't heedful of the dissuasive issues.

People have ideas, but then they say "Nah". 

Don't say Nah so much.

Sign in to follow this