BlueMagician

Out of the Blue

Hello everyone,

I call myself BlueMagician. I've been studying Magic for over 15 years now, including topics as diverse as herbalism, astrology, evocation and "lightworking". I work mostly with East Asian, Western and Indian deities and spirits. The common thread in all of my work is "White" magic, i.e. spiritual endeavours directed towards the common good of people and humanity,  the planet and the universe. I do believe though that we must not look away from what we perceive as "negative" or "black" forces, as they are part of the One God (which is us) as well.

In the past two years I've been mostly active on the Studio Arcanis forums, under the very same nickname. However, I would like to work with a wider audience, including people that might be new to all this stuff (SA is mostly for seasoned practitioners).

I have a blog at http://bluemagician.vc/ to which I post semi-regularly. I kindly invite you to take a look, and to subscribe if you find my stuff interesting. :)

My latest creation is a site called "Hermetic Angel Messages". The site is freely accessible and contains neither ads nor tracking. Once I'm approved here I will write an introductory post.

I am also working on a book explaining the nature of Planetary Hours which, once completed, will also be viewable free of charge and which will not contain ads. I believe this is the way forward in publishing.

As of now, I live in Western Canada, near Vancouver BC.

All the best,

BM

• Like 3

Hello, BlueMagician, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi BlueMagician,

Welcome. I used to be active on SA, now I just mainly hang here. SA is fun. There’s a few magick people here, I am sure you’ll run into them. Enjoy the forum. 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

I'd be interested in hearing your ideas on merging Eastern and Western systems. Part of my journey that led me here was reading 'High Magick' by Damien Echols. A lot of his preliminary exercises we're doing things like rubbing the hands together and playing with a chi ball and breathing techniques. Later the book gets into the Qabbalistic Cross, The Middle Pillar, the LBRP, talismans, and more. So much of what he talks about involved manipulating energy. So, I set out to find what I thought would be the best system for building my internal energy system. For that I settled in Qigong. Recently I watched a talk given by Dandapani. He talked about what he labeled "monk magic", he might as well have been talking about thought forms, servitors, and talismans, but he didn't use those words. So, to me there seems to be some commonality between systems. The past 2 days I have been doing the Qabbalistic Cross as part of my warmup before Zhan Zhuang. I don't know if I should be doing this, but I thought I would give it a try.

BTW, something that really inspired me is that Damien did his magick while in solitary confinement on death row before he was exonerated. Nobody was letting him have wands and daggers. This led me to look for a system that just needed me and nothing else.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 8:44 PM, Fa Xin said:

Hello, BlueMagician, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hi BlueMagician,

Welcome. I used to be active on SA, now I just mainly hang here. SA is fun. There’s a few magick people here, I am sure you’ll run into them. Enjoy the forum. 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Fa Xin,

thank you for approving me! Yes, I know there are a couple folks here that practice Western magic. In the past sometimes I stumbled upon these Dao Bums by way of my web searches on evocation and other topics.

BM

• Like 2

On 2/4/2019 at 12:50 PM, escott said:

I'd be interested in hearing your ideas on merging Eastern and Western systems. Part of my journey that led me here was reading 'High Magick' by Damien Echols. A lot of his preliminary exercises we're doing things like rubbing the hands together and playing with a chi ball and breathing techniques. Later the book gets into the Qabbalistic Cross, The Middle Pillar, the LBRP, talismans, and more. So much of what he talks about involved manipulating energy. So, I set out to find what I thought would be the best system for building my internal energy system. For that I settled in Qigong. Recently I watched a talk given by Dandapani. He talked about what he labeled "monk magic", he might as well have been talking about thought forms, servitors, and talismans, but he didn't use those words. So, to me there seems to be some commonality between systems. The past 2 days I have been doing the Qabbalistic Cross as part of my warmup before Zhan Zhuang. I don't know if I should be doing this, but I thought I would give it a try.

BTW, something that really inspired me is that Damien did his magick while in solitary confinement on death row before he was exonerated. Nobody was letting him have wands and daggers. This led me to look for a system that just needed me and nothing else.

Thanks for saying hello! Here's my take.

In my experience, all these roads eventually lead to the same destination. Sometimes we are walking roads that look very different. As we progress further and further, we become more and more able to transcend duality and paradoxes.

In many systems of Western magic, which more often than not have roots in Yoga, White Light is the original purity of Divine Consciousness, a manifestation that is very close to the Akasha, the timeless and spaceless state of being that is the precursor of all manifestations.

As proficiency in spiritual matters grows, tools become more and more optional. I can create an astral talisman that will ultimately work as well as one which relies on a gemstone as vessel (though it might be easier and faster to use the gemstone!).

Mixing systems can work if you know what you're doing. I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner.

BM

• Like 2

On 2/7/2019 at 11:18 PM, BlueMagician said:

Thanks for saying hello! Here's my take.

In my experience, all these roads eventually lead to the same destination. Sometimes we are walking roads that look very different. As we progress further and further, we become more and more able to transcend duality and paradoxes.

In many systems of Western magic, which more often than not have roots in Yoga, White Light is the original purity of Divine Consciousness, a manifestation that is very close to the Akasha, the timeless and spaceless state of being that is the precursor of all manifestations.

As proficiency in spiritual matters grows, tools become more and more optional. I can create an astral talisman that will ultimately work as well as one which relies on a gemstone as vessel (though it might be easier and faster to use the gemstone!).

Mixing systems can work if you know what you're doing. I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner.

BM

You were right. The 3rd time I did this I was standing in Zhan Zhuang trying to visualize myself as a tree with roots deep into the Earth and branches collecting heavenly energy I was left with this golden disc with light beams coming out of it superimposed within it. I couldn't make it go away. I just didn't feel right.

Anyway, if one wants to practice different systems I assume it's ok to do them at different times. For instance, do Ba Duan Jin and Zhan Zhuang in the morning. Then do Qabbalistic Cross, Middle Pillar, LBRP, and scrying in the evening.

Hi BlueMagician, welcome (although I am fairly new as well), it sounds like very interesting work.

I am currently living in South East Asia (Malay Peninsula/Indonesia) -- have you studied any tradition from out here?