qofq

On Gift Giving, Receiving and Refusal by the teacher/healer

@ Rara

Perhaps your current girlfriend thinks you're forcefully refusing to remember what has been? Repression could cause problems later on, but if you just prefer to go on with life and make the best of it with your current girlfriend I don't see what's wrong with that.

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 12:06 AM, qofq said:

More like "here is some chapstick" .... "I made you this food"... Do you want this "thing".

I wouldn't take used chapstick. Chapstick is also full of chemicals I don't want to put on such a sensitive part of the body. It can cause irritation and dependence by making the lips more dry afterwards. Better to use oil from the side of your nose.

Daoists often have VERY particular diets that cannot be casually imbalanced. Like a medicinal tea, if you add a little of something else, it might cancel out what you were trying to do.

Same with possessions.. minimalism is appreciation because everything then has meaning. Mindless acquisition is to descend into meaninglessness.

Or, maybe your shifu knew you would have those emotions and wanted you to confront them.