Wun Yuen Gong

Daoist - Buddhist Nutrician?

Well the nutrition discussion is actually an issue of alchemy. When you sublimate the electrochemicals it means that the anerobic bacteria are transduced by the vagus nerve (on the right side of the neck, connecting down to the stomach and reproductive organs) so that the "shit" goes to the head....!!

But, as Sri Ramana Maharshi states, after a person is "realized" then the fire of the body will burn up whatever food a person eats. He very strongly advocates a vegetarian diet but then states afterwards a person can eat whatever the hell they want.

Tantra also allows eating of meat -- and all of this stuff comes from the Bushmen culture where the men fasted for 8 days straight while the hunt (away from the women) then return, give the meat to the women, eat some I would think, dance for 10 hours straight while the women sing, and then create healing light from the intense fire in their bellies.

So the Bushmen diet was 80% greens and 20% meat.

Lin,

I have a serious question, since plants are a living Thing, by eating them too is that bad for KARMA in a Buddhist sense?

WYG

The consciousness of plants are much lighter than that of flesh bodied living beings. Though plants do "hurt" and scream, eating them causes one to create affinities with the Earth, eventually leaving the herbivore with karma to stay grounded to an extent. That karma though is much lighter than that of eating flesh.

It is still karma, but eating vegetation results in less turbid outcomes.

And no, if you eat toufu, you will not become a Soy Bean! hahaha

So, it is advised that since one's karma is already heavy, turbid, stop creating more of it, and lessen it with lighter karma..basically. Karmically, eating vegetation lessens the vengeful, hateful and fearful minds of other living beings, so that is a good deed, and lessens one's heavy karma. Eating vegetables clears the mind, and body of toxins and makes one lighter in form.

The mind will not have turbid thoughts and influences which are brought on by the animal being eaten. Thus, one will entertain false thinking less than usual. Which results in lighter karma... :D

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

Thanks Lin, ive been trying for many years to start being a vergitarian. The weird thing is i really dont like the taste of meat unless you cover it with different sauces and stuff.

Maybe its time to change huh? :D

WYG

Thanks Lin, ive been trying for many years to start being a vergitarian. The weird thing is i really dont like the taste of meat unless you cover it with different sauces and stuff.

Maybe its time to change huh? :D

WYG

Just take the same stuff you put on meat and just put it on tofu! :)

Freesun,

hahaha sad but true, hard to try and live as a veggie when wife and kids, in laws hoe into turkey, chickens, ribs!! :( This is making me hungry now! :D

Lin

So all the Omega3 oils you can get from flaxseed and what not you dont need fish oils?

WYG

Lin

So all the Omega3 oils you can get from flaxseed and what not you dont need fish oils?

WYG

Flaxseed is good, but it must be broken down before you ingest it. Liquid form. Taking flaxseed without it being broken down before hand will not benefit at all really. THe body can't absorb it unless its ...broken down..lol

Any of the things one gets from animals, fish, etc, can be found in plants. :)

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

Any of the things one gets from animals, fish, etc, can be found in plants. :)

Peace,

Lin

Lin, I've tried to research a source of Vtamin 12 in the plant world, but I could not find any. So i get my V12 from cow's milk. I eat mainly ayurvedic and using milk is fine in that context (unlike eggs for example). Have I overlooked a plant source for V12?

Thanks.

Edited by freesun

Lin, I've tried to research a source of Vtamin 12 in the plant world, but I could not find any. So i get my V12 from cow's milk. I eat mainly ayurvedic and using milk is fine in that context (unlike eggs for example). Have I overlooked a plant source for V12?

Thanks.

If you haven't found it in a plant, how can you overcook a plant and destroy the V 12?

Here is my notion of health:

Cultivation = Healthy Body. Cultivation = Wise mind. Proper Cultivation = Lighter Karma. Lighter karma means less sicknesses, or none at all (depending on the conditions of the living being.)

Monks and lay people I have met eat once a day, and eat the worst of rice gruel, and not only wake up 2 am, but also do construction for the villages they walk through everyday . Many of them are old monks, 80, 90yrs old doing construction work, and some of the lay people are in their 70s. They are not concerned with V12 and they live just fine.

Care for the body and keep it healthy. Yet, caring for every little nook and cranny of nutrition is a waste of time when it can be replaced with good cultivation. BUT if it is your habit, and your mind and has been your ways then that is as it is for you. Your knowledge of nutrition will benefit a great many people, keep them healthy and alive with good hopes in their minds for a good life ahead of them.

You have by far greater nutritional knowledge than myself and I thank you for showing that to me. Before your reply, I never heard of V12. Now, I will research it and learn it. ^_^

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Dear Lin,

thank you for your insights. You definatly have a point, my chronicly poor health can account for that ;)

I should mention that I made a typo in my earlier post. It should be B12 of course, not V12.

If you are curious, Wikipedia has good entry on B12.

Greetings,

Gunther

Dear Lin,

thank you for your insights. You definatly have a point, my chronicly poor health can account for that ;)

I should mention that I made a typo in my earlier post. It should be B12 of course, not V12.

If you are curious, Wikipedia has good entry on B12.

Greetings,

Gunther

B12.. hahaha ;)