rideforever

I Think, and Only I

8 hours ago, wandelaar said:

This Bum doesn't think there is some master "I" involved. Our mind is more in the nature of a society of relatively autonomous subsystems that all more or less play their part in what we eventually do without any one supreme commander making the final decisions.

This Bum agrees .... to an extent.  Yes, our whole 'psyche' is " more in the nature of a society of relatively autonomous subsystems " . In many cases, there is no need for such a 'master' to make all those decisions.  Like a smoothly running machine, we may not be aware of it running, and in a healthy system, in many areas, we dont have to give attention to the systems that run rightly. But they do not always do so.

So I advocate a 'psychic map' that incorporates both aspects.  really, IMO, this is the reason to study and practice Magick ..... to become, or 'identify' the King of one's own psyche.

I have written about this before here, in a few posts .... everything from Leary and Lilly's  8 circuit 'Exo-psychology' model , through to Swedenborg's 'man is at the crossroads'  (of a hierarchy  of 'spirits' )  - cross referenced to  more recent findings in psychology regarding good and bad forces / 'identities' in the psyche by Dr Wilson Van Dusen and  cross referencing all of that  to a model in the more recent western initiation system  . In this system, the organisation and 'constitution' of the system is also a guideline for the development and 'ruling' of one's own psyche ;  some 'levels'  (parts of the psyche) are autonomous, some have a say in the governance of the whole, some do not.  Its a complex system, but so is the human psyche . ( Its all in the Esoteric and occult forum here, somewhere . )

'Man' is a host of 'entities' ... all clamouring for some type of control  or avoiding responsibilities ... that is a bit confronting for most ... it best for some ( they say) to just function under the idea that is just ONE  'I'  .... most seem to get by like that  ..... or do we ? Is it all a big mess .... or not ?   The wider picture of the world - doesnt seem to be too much awareness of or control of human base desires.

What when these forces are not controlled; the king is unworthy or the peasants rebellious ?  That's anything from 'normal life' to full blown psychosis or neurosis .  I prefer the 'magical life'   or 'the royal road' . 

The idea of "an I with a free will" may be a useful fiction in courts of law, but that doesn't make it any more realistic as a psychological model of what actually happens.

Many have advocated this approach ... let the sleeping dog(s) lie ... we get by alright.  .... ?

Others ( Swedenborg, Steiner, etc ) , although acknowledging the 'danger' of opening this 'Pandora's Box'  are of the other view ; one should be educated about this, knowledge can be power ... if you know how to manage it .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I missed it by 12 minutes...

Dont worry ....   the above post is better .

Your brain is ment to receive the thoughts that your soul conceives. When you have resistant thought, that does not allow a clear and open line of communication, you feel a lack of joy, passion, or inspiration, all the way up to full blown negative emotion. The persistence of these negative emotions is the cause of all illness. These resistant thoughts have to be let go off. Focusing on the breathing for 20 minutes, regullarly, is sufficient in quieting the mind, and in reallowing the fully opened connection and opened channel of communication with your inner being/soul/greater consciousness. As a result, one feels capable of regrowing awareness of the inner being/soul/greater conscious, by virtue of the joy, or love, or appreciation they feel, indicating that their perspective has succesfully and naturally and effortlessy realigned and harmonised and re-synchronised with the greater knowing of their greater consciousness. 

You cannot fully connect with your own soul and not feel good at the same time, I garuantee this. So if there is anything you can do during your meditation that feels good, that is great. That means you are allowing the connection with who You really are, as all that you really are, to fully flow. But know, that this happens automatically and naturally, when you focus on your breathing or place your attention on a soft and easy sound, because that will cause your mind to quiet, and when all resistant thoughts subside, your natural state of being will reestablish naturally and effortlessly and automatically to its natural and default state of being in fuller and greater and more allowing of the flow of the always already connected connection with your own Soul, that always feels good when you are in a state of full allowance. 

Edited by Everything