yuuichi

What color is jing, qi and shen?

1 hour ago, voidisyinyang said:

Can you give me the Chinese translation of the word "system" and show me where that word exists in any spiritual teaching in Chinese? I doubt it does - the word "system" is a closed geometric form, contrary to real meditation.

Would you prefer "tradition" or "school" over system? I do not do chinese, but the word "Pai" do tend to pop up in this context. 

And do not most traditions and school systematisize (can you say that in english?) their teachings? 

Or are you bickering about semantics? 

----------------------------------------------------

Added later: while on the subject of semantics, I am sure you will not find any reference to the word chakra in the "genuine" nei dan schools. The question is, will you find energy centers in the same area, with similar/same energetic properties, in Nei Dan and traditional chakra - based systems? And if so, is there a difference? 

We will never find out! 

------—------------------------------------

But your music theory is probably valid. 

I am in the same position with that as I am when reading Cleary's collected translations on daoist classics: I still don't get it. So obviously the error in this equation is me! 

Edited by Mudfoot
Added sentences.

25 minutes ago, voidisyinyang said:

for example the exercise "moving of yin and yang" relies on the male putting the left hand as yang facing the lower body as yin (below the navel) and the right hand is yin and faces the upper body that is yang. 

Isn't this a dynamic movement? 

At times, the right hand is on top, at others, the left? 

How does that fit? 

4 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

Isn't this a dynamic movement? 

At times, the right hand is on top, at others, the left? 

How does that fit? 

So if you get the practice CD - the exercise starts out with a static position for about 5 minutes - with the right hand on top and left hand on bottom.

Now as I've mentioned - I posted on "rumsoakedfist" asking for anyone to explain the Santi Shi position - based on my understanding of this moving of yin and yang. No one could explain it and since I didn't know - I kept searching. Finally I found real Chinese sources that explained the secret of "dragon and tiger" as the foundation of Santi Shi. But I also found plenty of Westerners teaching Santi Shi without even teaching this foundation of the practice! The key of Santi Shi is to visualize the energy going from the right hand to the left foot and the left hand to the right foot. Now at first you practice with the right hand over the upper body - so that way you have three main channels being visualize: Right hand is yin, upper body is yang and left foot is yang. Does the Santi Shi position reverse with the right hand over the lower body? Yes but you still visualize the energy going to the left foot!

Similarly in the WEst we think of standing as the legs and feet as a symmetric unit - this lie is from Plato. So when we stand - you find this in native indigenous culture as well - they know that the left foot and right foot are complementary opposites. And so also in full lotus yoga position - you can change position but as a male you put the left leg on top to store up energy so that the yang (left) is embracing the yin (the lower body).

23 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

Would you prefer "tradition" or "school" over system? I do not do chinese, but the word "Pai" do tend to pop up in this context. 

And do not most traditions and school systematisize (can you say that in english?) their teachings? 

Or are you bickering about semantics? 

But your music theory is probably valid. 

I am in the same position with that as I am when reading Cleary's collected translations on daoist classics: I still don't get it. So obviously the error in this equation is me! 

Since you asked me to explain music theory in simple words but you did not acknowledge that you understood my explanation then  I will assume you still do not understand. Let's turn to Chinese philosophy professor Patrick Edwin Moran - he has a website on Chinese music theory.

The Chinese rule is very simple: Take 2/3 of the length of the open string, and put down a fret there. Then take 4/3 of that second length and put down a fret there. The third step is to take 2/3 of the last length, then 4/3, and so forth.

http://users.wfu.edu/moran/Cathay_Cafe/G_tar.html

Step twelve uses 2/3 and provides about 892 hertz. Note that the true octave is at 880 hertz. Using this system would never permit derivation of the true octave.

So again the Westerners were obsessed with trying to make the "octave" line up with the 2/3 and 4/3 harmonics and to do this the West had to literally lie. I call it the Liar of the Lyre - since Philolaus literally had to "flip" his Lyre around in order to lie about the empirical truth. The Daoists instead accepted the empirical truth that the 1, 2, 3 are infinite and so the octave does not line up with the 3 and instead you have an infinite formless energy.

The yang is 2/3 and 3/2 while the yin is 4/3. But as I already explained the yang as 2/3 is C to F in geometry which is then doubled as the yin into 4/3. So for the Chinese alchemy - the secret is then to harmonize the energy back into the single perfect yang that contains within it the 4/3 as the yin. The 4 is to indicate that this is the 10,000 myriad infinite things. This is also the same as the real orthodox Pythagorean Tetraktys teaching (not the  lie from Philolaus and Archytas which is typically taught as  Pythagorean philosophy).

Edited by voidisyinyang

I did state that I didn't get it, you have that in your quote, so you might safely assume I did not understand your explanation. 

And I do not understand how this is related to Nei Dan, but again, I do not practice Nei Dan. I just sometimes discuss it on this forum. 

So, to simplify: I do not understand how (A, which I do not understand) is related to (B, another subject I do not understand). 😁 

At least I know I'm ignorant. 

Btw are you allowed to visualize in Hsing-I? Bruce Frantzis say you should feel, not visualize. 

1 hour ago, Mudfoot said:

I did state that I didn't get it, you have that in your quote, so you might safely assume I did not understand your explanation. 

And I do not understand how this is related to Nei Dan, but again, I do not practice Nei Dan. I just sometimes discuss it on this forum. 

So, to simplify: I do not understand how (A, which I do not understand) is related to (B, another subject I do not understand). 😁 

At least I know I'm ignorant. 

Btw are you allowed to visualize in Hsing-I? Bruce Frantzis say you should feel, not visualize. 

"Nei dan" is a term that has recently been used for Western marketing. Just as qigong was the term the Communists used to promote self-healing training. People get hung up on words. Even in Western music people think the words are more important than the sounds. For example "Dragon and Tiger" is yin and  yang as alchemy - long before the term Neidan was used. So if you practice Dragon and Tiger does that mean you are not practicing Neidan? No. Every human culture on earth uses the Octave as 1:2 and the Perfect Fifth as 2:3 and the Perfect Fourth as 3:4. It's only since the Greek Miracle of the West that we used the wrong music theory to create logarithmic math that everyone learns when they are 14 years old - so the Lie gets hard-wired into people as a "contained" materialistic geometric infinity that tries to have a "one to one" correspondence between geometry ( as a phonetic letter symbol) and Number. This "one to one" correspondence doesn't exist. It's a logical lie. But people don't learn it's a lie in school - so instead they try to create a one to one correspondence between words and reality. haha.

So in terms of music - it's pretty simple. I studied music intensely as a youth and then I took music theory in high school - privately. I realized there was a logical error since in Western music tuning the Perfect Fifth has to be 3/2 as C to G (overtone ) but can NOT be 2/3 as C to F undertone. And also 4/3 is C to F and NOT G to C. So I kept this to myself - I noticed it as a logical error - an inconsistency. I wondered why. Then I studied privately with a former University music professor. I asked him about this and he just blurted out it's because the ratios are logarithms. OK. But then he taught me a trick. If you silently press down a key on the piano and then you hold it down and then strike a different key below - the upper key will sound out on its own - magically. No contact. But the trick is that it has to be a close harmonic of 2/3. So then it hit me - this has to be the truth of reality as an infinite harmonics that is healing energy and Pythagoras was correct. My teachers were pissed at me for taking this position but they did start giving me books on spiritual influences of creativity of science and music - and my teacher even gave me a copy of the Tao Te Ching.

So when I learned the Pythagorean Theorem - I knew it was based on the wrong music theory! I kept this to myself again since obviously no one is to question the proof of the Pythagorean  Theorem.  But then my first year of college I took quantum mechanics and I was taught quantum non-local entanglement and 720 degree spin. I knew this was the answer but how was it connected to music harmonics? It is based on the wave equation and music is waves. In fact I didn't realize how correct I was till I studied science a lot more in detail. So again I kept this to myself and I got my undergraduate degree and then my master's degree.

So after I experienced qigong master Effie P. Chow in 1995 - then I knew this stuff was real and I went out to San Francisco in 1996. But I didn't have the money to go see her and my Chinese friend said that stuff is just for old people and he drove me up to Portland's biggest bookstore. There I discovered Dr. John Beaulieau's book on Biosonics wherein he clearly states that Yang is 2/3 and Yin is 3/4. Suddenly the connection made sense. So in my master's thesis I documented this to be true - that Daoist alchemy is from music harmonics.

But then I had to test out my hypothesis - and so I did the intensive qigong training to finish my master's degree. I realized that the small universe meditation was the 12 harmonic nodes of music theory but as infinite time-frequency energy. So if you practice the small universe meditation c.d. - the OM and Mua alternate - with each node. In Chinese music harmonics the same is true - as I just posted to you - the 4/3 and 3/2 alternates. Chunyi says that OM is the energy going up the spine (so it is yang) and Mua is the energy going down the front (so it is yin). Master Nan, Huai-chin says OM is the sound of Qi entering into the body - so that again is Yang. Mua is the sound of energy leaving the body - so that is yin.

So then if you read Foundations of Internal Alchemy - it states clearly that the  Small Universe meditation is based on the 12 notes of music as infinite resonance. So that is the final corroboration of my hypothesis.

Now what does this difference in music tuning mean? I called it "complementary opposite ratios" for years and tried to explain to people how it was different than Western music tuning and typical western logic. I had read  Fields Medal math professor Alain Connes stating that music theory provides the formal language for his model of a unified field theory - of relativistic quantum physics. But the book was not technical - it was philosophy. I was not sure how metaphorical he was - although his philosophy is based on noncommutative phase and that fit what I had called complementary opposite ratios. So then posted on youtube was Alain Connes music lecture and he goes into the music theory in specific and it is the SAME as the Daoist harmonics. It is because the ratios are noncommutative that music has a geometric dimension of zero but is also the 5th dimension that is non-local consciousness or formless awareness with an energy.

So then if this is true on a psycho-physiological level then that means it must be true for all humans just as all humans use music - this training must be found in all human cultures on some level. It is the innate energy dynamics of reality and so it must be rediscovered by accident, etc. So then I discovered how the oldest philosophy of India is also the "three gunas" based on the same music theory as Daoism! And as I mentioned this is the same as the Orthodox Pythagorean training. It is very simple but very radical and so most people don't even know about this training since we've all been mass mind controlled by Western symmetric math logic since Plato.

So call it what you want - dragon and tiger, yin and yang, the three gunas, N/om. Every culture has a different name for it - in Ancient Greece it was called Aion and Thymus.

But the fact is every culture uses the real music theory and it is from the original human culture - the San Bushmen. In fact these harmonics are hard-wired into our neurons and seem to be hard wired into all of life as well. A few other scientists have made this same discovery as me also.

To feel and not visualize - we can call "feeling" to actually be proprioception that is the 6th sense from Ultrasound. Science knows that our sense of hearing is the last perception to go at death. This is also true in the Tibetan Book of the Dead - to be read to the dead person. So the highest pitch we hear externally actually resonates the brain as a whole as ultrasound. This ultrasound then resonates the microtubules at 3000 times great electromagnetic amplitude than any other frequency. The microtubules are only 6 times bigger than the tubulins - and so this means the tubulin have quantum coherence that is non-local via this ultrasound connection - and through an infrasound subharmonic. Certain scientists have figured this out but the ancients describe it. It's in the Tao Te Ching - the highest sound that can not be heard.

• Like 1