Sign in to follow this  
3bob

Live and let live? (not always so)

Chief Seattle's Letter:

"The President in Washington sends word that he wishes to buy our land. But how can you buy or sell the sky? the land? The idea is strange to us. If we do not own the freshness of the air and the sparkle of the water, how can you buy them?Every part of the earth is sacred to my people. Every shining pine needle, every sandy shore, every mist in the dark woods, every meadow, every humming insect. All are holy in the memory and experience of my people.We know the sap which courses through the trees as we know the blood that courses through our veins. We are part of the earth and it is part of us. The perfumed flowers are our sisters. The bear, the deer, the great eagle, these are our brothers. The rocky crests, the dew in the meadow, the body heat of the pony, and man all belong to the same family.The shining water that moves in the streams and rivers is not just water, but the blood of our ancestors. If we sell you our land, you must remember that it is sacred. Each glossy reflection in the clear waters of the lakes tells of events and memories in the life of my people. The water's murmur is the voice of my father's father.The rivers are our brothers. They quench our thirst. They carry our canoes and feed our children. So you must give the rivers the kindness that you would give any brother.If we sell you our land, remember that the air is precious to us, that the air shares its spirit with all the life that it supports. The wind that gave our grandfather his first breath also received his last sigh. The wind also gives our children the spirit of life. So if we sell our land, you must keep it apart and sacred, as a place where man can go to taste the wind that is sweetened by the meadow flowers.Will you teach your children what we have taught our children? That the earth is our mother? What befalls the earth befalls all the sons of the earth.This we know: the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth. All things are connected like the blood that unites us all. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.One thing we know: our God is also your God. The earth is precious to him and to harm the earth is to heap contempt on its creator.Your destiny is a mystery to us. What will happen when the buffalo are all slaughtered? The wild horses tamed? What will happen when the secret corners of the forest are heavy with the scent of many men and the view of the ripe hills is blotted with talking wires? Where will the thicket be? Gone! Where will the eagle be? Gone! And what is to say goodbye to the swift pony and then hunt? The end of living and the beginning of survival.When the last red man has vanished with this wilderness, and his memory is only the shadow of a cloud moving across the prairie, will these shores and forests still be here? Will there be any of the spirit of my people left?We love this earth as a newborn loves its mother's heartbeat. So, if we sell you our land, love it as we have loved it. Care for it, as we have cared for it. Hold in your mind the memory of the land as it is when you receive it. Preserve the land for all children, and love it, as God loves us.As we are part of the land, you too are part of the land. This earth is precious to us. It is also precious to you.One thing we know - there is only one God. No man, be he Red man or White man, can be apart. We ARE all brothers after all."

• Like 4

So they didn't sell; lost it all anyhow and got nothing in return.  If you play the stock market you have to know when to sell and when to hold.  You know, kinda like that Kenny Rogers song.

• Sad 1

The natural path of lesser resistance always feels good/better. How that expresses, is always a valid expression.

The crossing of jesus may not have fully benefitted jesus, but the people around him benefitted tremendously from that experience, and it was an opportunity for many people to release allot of resistance in their witnessing of the crossing of jesus. But the greatest of releasing of resistance, was the example of Jesus life in perfect path of least resistance, witnessed by the people who lived with him, seeing jesus lived, in full flowing of God force life force soul energy vibration, as an example of what is truely possible for everyone, fully expressed in every aspect of his physical life expression. But not everyone can see or understand that. So now all of that comes crashing down and then the death of jesus suddenly makes the life of jesus more visible. Because it causes people to no longer look where it will never be. In the offering of thought from individuals who are expressing a misunderstanding, which again is simply the lesser understanding. And how one goes about allowing their greater understanding is again also always valid as the path of lesser resistance for that individual.

There is no bad, only good, and less good. The less good is never bad. It is just less good, more resistant energy vibration that runs counter to the eternal stream of well-being that then causes the individual to experience that eternal stream of well-being in a more resistant way and experience. And it is never a necessary experience. It can always be let go of. Easily, effortlessly. Naturally. Because if you meditate and let go of everything, there is nothing left but your natural state of being, in full aligment, harmony and full flow of the eternal and infinite stream of well-being that is all of existance and this universe, ever expanding into more and better things for everyone and everything. And then you feel inspired. And in tune and harmony with your own soul and its natural purpose and benefit for you and everyone. And then you translate that inspiration into words. And now you are fully allowing your very own unique personal natural benefit for everyone. Simply by being who it is you really are. As an eternal soul fully flowing in your physical body that feels then fully good and rejuvinated in full clarity of its full relationship with all of life around it.

Edited by Everything

Interesting, that letter was written about 1855, Chief Seattle or Seathl was a Susquamish chief who lived near Puget Sound.  I was just vacationing over there, breath taking country.  I stayed by the Snoqualmie falls.  Many placards talking about the Indian tribes and there beliefs, honoring them, telling there stories but.. their absence spoke loudly. 

The history is not pretty.  In 1855 they were one of the largest tribes in the Puget sound region, numbering about 4,000, 163 years later its about 650 members.   

info-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snoqualmie_Indian_Tribe

History is interesting but the Now needs equal attention.  Here is their official site: http://www.snoqualmietribe.us/

I highly recommend reading the old newsletters and magazine.  Fascinating look at the tribes interests- passions, fights and modernity. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Everything said:

The natural path of lesser resistance always feels good/better. How that expresses, is always a valid expression.

The crossing of jesus may not have fully benefitted jesus, but the people around him benefitted tremendously from that experience, and it was an opportunity for many people to release allot of resistance in their witnessing of the crossing of jesus. But the greatest of releasing of resistance, was the example of Jesus life in perfect path of least resistance, witnessed by the people who lived with him, seeing jesus lived, in full flowing of God force life force soul energy vibration, as an example of what is truely possible for everyone, fully expressed in every aspect of his physical life expression. But not everyone can see or understand that. So now all of that comes crashing down and then the death of jesus suddenly makes the life of jesus more visible. Because it causes people to no longer look where it will never be. In the offering of thought from individuals who are expressing a misunderstanding, which again is simply the lesser understanding. And how one goes about allowing their greater understanding is again also always valid as the path of lesser resistance for that individual.

There is no bad, only good, and less good. The less good is never bad. It is just less good, more resistant energy vibration that runs counter to the eternal stream of well-being that then causes the individual to experience that eternal stream of well-being in a more resistant way and experience. And it is never a necessary experience. It can always be let go of. Easily, effortlessly. Naturally. Because if you meditate and let go of everything, there is nothing left but your natural state of being, in full aligment, harmony and full flow of the eternal and infinite stream of well-being that is all of existance and this universe, ever expanding into more and better things for everyone and everything. And then you feel inspired. And in tune and harmony with your own soul and its natural purpose and benefit for you and everyone. And then you translate that inspiration into words. And now you are fully allowing your very own unique personal natural benefit for everyone. Simply by being who it is you really are. As an eternal soul fully flowing in your physical body that feels then fully good and rejuvinated in full clarity of its full relationship with all of life around it.

abstractions are mostly things to turn this way and that in our minds....Jesus did not play it that way. 

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

So they didn't sell; lost it all anyhow and got nothing in return.  If you play the stock market you have to know when to sell and when to hold.  You know, kinda like that Kenny Rogers song.

The stock market has little or nothing to do with the direct commission genocide, I'm sure most American Indians would take the comparison as least flippant.

2 minutes ago, 3bob said:

abstractions are mostly things to turn this way and that in our minds....Jesus did not play it that way. 

I do not know how Jesus lived. He lived as a god, riding a donkey in the desert. It is not easy to understand.

1 minute ago, Everything said:

I do not know how Jesus lived. He lived as a god, riding a donkey in the desert. It is not easy to understand.

a great deal of how he lived can be found in the four Gospels,  which should also  be taken in the context of some misunderstandings after 2000+ years of various interpretations and commentaries.  Still and even then the Spirit still works. through time and  words.

1 hour ago, 3bob said:

a great deal of how he lived can be found in the four Gospels,  which should also  be taken in the context of some misunderstandings after 2000+ years of various interpretations and commentaries.  Still and even then the Spirit still works. through time and  words.

Yeah

Yes I've seen you sitting on the couch

I recognize your artillery

I have seen you many times before

once when I was an indian

and I was on my land

Why can't you understand

Edited by King Jade
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Everything said:

Yeah

Everything, I believe you just set a new record for your shortest yet still incisive post ever.  ;)

17 hours ago, 3bob said:

The stock market has little or nothing to do with the direct commission genocide, I'm sure most American Indians would take the comparison as least flippant.

Well, seems you didn't like my truth that time.  But that's okay.  History as written in stone tells the truth about the past.

19 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Well, seems you didn't like my truth that time.  But that's okay.  History as written in stone tells the truth about the past.

That truth exists so that it can become a greather truth. It's a stepping stone. That's what all truth is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Everything said:

That truth exists so that it can become a greather truth. It's a stepping stone. That's what all truth is.

Yeah, that's the way it should be.  Sad so many fail to read the history books pointing out the many errors we have made.

1 hour ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, that's the way it should be.  Sad so many fail to read the history books pointing out the many errors we have made.

People are working for the better future all of the time. Building things. Making this and that. That says they want a better future. So there's no reason why that desire should suddenly go away, cause it wont. If all of the cities on this planet doesn't state that, then I don't know what will. We all want an easier more enjoyable experience. And the errors help us realize this desire for less errors. And more smooth running systems of life. Technology is going crazy fast. And you have to understand all the incredible amazing positive benefit of all of that! The internet, I mean seriously. Connection of people and information. Now the true teaching of nature can be spread so widely and naturally crystalize into the knowing of so many people. The technology is not here to destroy nature, but to help us how to live in harmony with nature. Learn how to addopt the perspective that is of benefit to yourself and your nature and his nature and all nature. And people who feel bad then go to the internet to addopt a newer more fine tuned more harmonious perspective that is of more service to themselves and others aswell. And now suddenly you can reach the most brilliant of minds from the comfort of your home and personal computer. And then the brilliant minds teach by the clarity of their own example of how they are so brilliant because they tune into the natural resources of their own mind and heart so well, so geniusly and brilliantly and effortlessly and easily.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

it sure does with horrific genocide committed against native peoples and others in the US and around the world, which has nothing to do with your truth and all to do with overwhelming long term recorded facts and the graves of its victims.

4 hours ago, 3bob said:

it sure does with horrific genocide committed against native peoples and others in the US and around the world, which has nothing to do with your truth and all to do with overwhelming long term recorded facts and the graves of its victims.

But it is my truth.  I have never denied that people have died as a result of genocide.  That is a recorded fact.

So my truth still stands.

Sign in to follow this