Gareth_W

Kiai Master - Defeated.

Freeform, fascinating. :D I will try this sometime.

RJ has some interesting stuff, watched a couple of his videos. I think the efficiency depends on the location. Also language. In my language it would be almost impossible to use something like "it was such a rush to have a waterfall rushing down right blow me". (I just made this up)

I don't mean to be arcane but it's not something I'm going to talk about on the internet.

Darn, now I'm even more interested lol... But it's ok, I understand. :)

Uh, ok. Did it help (with females)?

The hypnosis, not that much.

But generally yes, this is a huge group of serious and committed people, who eventually realise that PU is essentially just a skill. So the practice until they get it. And since they have forums, and collection of stories, and material, you can post there what has happened in your PU -practice session (what is called a field report), and you will often get feedback. You see most of them are young men in their 20 and 30, who just are socially inept, and need some hints on how to open up. Some of them were in their late twenties still virgin (or so). In my experience they all got much better, although some stopped learning when they got a gf, some when they married, some as soon as they had enough sex to feel better about them selves, and some went on to become full blown playboy or poligamous people. And yes, occasinally you also hear stories of people who keep on trying with no success at all.

Yup, PU is very interesting. :)

Though Pietro, you speak generally... Have you applied the methods? What was your experience with it?

So, it's mostly geeky nerdy guys? For me it was tzu ran.

Most of the people that start are socially inept. Since socially inept people who are enough on the internet to know about it are geeks, then by definition they are mostly geeky nerdy guys. When they start. :D

Yup, PU is very interesting. :)

Though Pietro, you speak generally... Have you applied the methods? What was your experience with it?

Of course I speak from experience. I always do, or I clarify that I am not.

Yes, I did learn some of the methods, but what was most important for me was to change some believes that I had (like the one that women don't actually want sex, lol). You see from when I was 16 I have basically tried to pick up girls all the time, I called it flirting, and it was at the root of a lot of fights I had with some of my gfs. But I had very little success. What the PU community gave me was to break up the process in little steps, and understand each little piece. In this way I could see the errors I would do on and on again, and see what instead I should have done. Then the practice is to be able to do the right thing when you are under stress.

And my experience has been very pleasent, thanks. :D

Uh, ok. Did it help (with females)?

"What is the purpose of Xingyi gazing practice?"

I don't mean to be arcane but it's not something I'm going to talk about on the internet.

oh be nice, point him in the right direction

read the book, The Power of Internal Martial Arts by BKF

There is a section on san ti, gazing, gapping and intention.

The what, the why and the how.

Edited by SFJane

"read the book, The Power of Internal Martial Arts by BKF

The what, the why and the how."

lol, no that's not it. When I first started teaching xingyi at a well known school in Boston he called and asked me what I was teaching. When I told him, he said "You can't teach those people that shit, are you crazy?" So now it's only for folks willing to develop gongfu.

lol, no that's not it. When I first started teaching xingyi at a well known school in Boston he called and asked me what I was teaching. When I told him, he said "You can't teach those people that shit, are you crazy?" So now it's only for folks willing to develop gongfu.

okdoke

never mind what I said then.

I figured it would give him a few sounds bites to chew on that's all

there is no substitute to learning san ti from BKF!

(which I did btw via the Fairfax classes)

but...i doubt i learned absolutely every single thing and every inner most secrets!!!...so ignore me.

Read the Power of IMA a couple years ago, as I recall it was pretty interesting. Might be worth re-reading.

Well since we're on the topic (haha), does anyone have Kumar's new book "The Chi Revolution"? Or perhaps his Dragon and Tiger Medical Qigong manual?

I've seen quite a lot of discussions in the PU community about those techniques. But the general agreement was that they would not work. Did you got them to work yourself?

P.

Most PU people don't have enough interest or patience in developing the level of awareness necessary to be able to do this in a sufficiently predictable way.

Has this worked for me? yes, in several different ways - the breathing takes a while to get a hang of - also taking on the breathing pattern of another person usually means breathing shallower and in the upper chest - basically you put yourself in a mild state of panic which is how 70% of people live constantly... if you also start to pace other aspects (posture, location of awareness etc) you develop a really deep connection without sharing any words, looks or anything - this can freak people out...

I remember practicing pacing people's walking styles... This one time I was crossing an empty road and I noticed a man quite far away (about 30 - 50 metres) so I took on his posture, rhythm, stiffness etc and took a couple of paces - suddenly the guy stopped in the middle of the road, turned towards me and started squinting as if trying to see if he recognised me (ofcourse he recognsed me - I was him!)

Milton Erickson was a real master of this - but he had many years as a child living in an 'iron lung' with nothing else to do but watch people...

It never ever works on matter. It just does not. Not once have I pushed someone away with it.

Jane, maybe the method you are using is useless, that's all. Like I know the method how to develop the skill to project your energy and burn people at the distance (similar to the skill David Verdesi's teacher displayed to his students). The method to develop is not even close to what you theoretically would imagine. But why would you waist 2-3 years of your life? Kumar is right. :)

I remember Nan Huai-Chin was talking about a hermit in the mountains of China who could shoot an energy ball out of his palms. So young Master Nan went to the mountains to learn the method so he can shoot the enemy airplanes out of the sky (WW2 was going on). After the convincing demonstration from the hermit, Nan asked how long it took him to develop it. "30 years", hermit replied. Not long after, Nan left and never came back.

Plus an 1,000,000, 000 lbs Karmazilla will overshadow 800 lbs gorilla every time. Just like with cultivation, it's never about the techniques.

Or should we go back to the basic truth?...

h_uUIaqV8-c

Edited by Smile

Hmm, so Buddy, do you think you can blow me off?

Me in tree positions, you in san ti, no touching, and you forcing me to go away with your ch'i, intention, gaze, and whatever shit you can project through your mind in me?

This was after all a traditional exercise of xing i, right?

And you have developed the real gong fu.

We put a limit of a couple of hours.

So if you are not succesful in 2 hours we call it the day?

(That's because I don't want to sign of myself being able to stand for too long,

you know that I subscribe to the lazy taoists school)

Pietro

Smile,

"Like I know the method how to develop the skill to project your energy and burn people at the distance (similar to the skill David Verdesi's teacher displayed to his students)."

I can drive there in about 4 hours. Care to demonstrate this on me? I'll let you buy me dim sum. But I'm sure everyone was convinced by the Matrix clip. "It's not JUST a movie."

:rolleyes:

Pietro,

"Hmm, so Buddy, do you think you can blow me off?

Me in tree positions, you in san ti, no touching, and you forcing me to go away with your ch'i, intention, gaze, and whatever shit you can project through your mind in me?"

What? Son, I wasn't addressing you with that quote and I have no idea what you're rambling about. No touch, no movement. But if I touched you, you would sure as hell know it.

"This was after all a traditional exercise of xing i, right?"

Bruce taught it to me, I assume so.

"And you have developed the real gong fu."

Yes, I'm happy to show you...or your teacher. I'm not an academic.

"We put a limit of a couple of hours.

So if you are not succesful in 2 hours we call it the day?

(That's because I don't want to sign of myself being able to stand for too long,

you know that I subscribe to the lazy taoists school)"

I don't know what you're talking about here either. But take the bass out of voice, I'm your senior. Got that?

I can drive there in about 4 hours. Care to demonstrate this on me? I'll let you buy me dim sum. But I'm sure everyone was convinced by the Matrix clip. "It's not JUST a movie."

He said he knows the method of HOW TO DEVELOP that skill, not that he actually developed it.

What? Son, I wasn't addressing you with that quote and I have no idea what you're rambling about. No touch, no movement. But if I touched you, you would sure as hell know it.

Well, I think he's reffering to the staring competition...

But take the bass out of voice, I'm your senior. Got that?

:blink:

Dude, was this really neccessary? Relax. :)

Dude,

I'm a martial artist and I won't be lectured to by my junior. I didn't address him. He needs to STFU. You're not involved, move along.

Dude,

I'm a martial artist and I won't be lectured to by my junior. I didn't address him. He needs to STFU.

LOL! :lol:

I know you are, but this isn't a MA forum. I actually thought Pietro was just being funny.

You're not involved, move along.

Can't help myself, I'm meddlesome. :)

BTW, I really like your sig.

OK, where's Buddy and what have you done with him? :P

But seriously, it's from this poem:

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the softly falling snow.

I am the gentle showers of rain,

I am the fields of ripening grain.

I am in the morning hush,

I am in the graceful rush

Of beautiful birds in circling flight.

I am the starshine of the night.

I am in the flowers that bloom,

I am in a quiet room.

I am in the birds that sing,

I am in each lovely thing.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there, I do not die.

It was supposedly written by a Mary Elizabeth Frye, who lived to be 100 years old. Pretty nice. :)

Hi, Buddy

I'm not training this way nor will ever work on developing a specific superpower. I believe there are people who can fly or do other amazing things, but you will never see them on youtube or offering classes or talking about what they can do. They certainly won't be interested in proving it to anyone.

But how many are people like these? A few in a billion.

You may say "I will believe it when I see it", and you are absolutely right. Cheap tricks sometimes are taken for a real thing because as human beings we want to have hope we are more then couch dwellers. Unfortunately, very few will venture outside the couch area into the unknown to find their own truth. Youtube is the most we can handle.

Max :)