silent thunder

The most obvious?

11 hours ago, Nintendao said:

Continually grasping after the obvious, i only find myself reaching for shelter in obliviousness. The answer should be so easy! Right there front and center, as the most obvious should properly be. So without further ado, please raise the curtains. Alas, the thing is so close it's hiding right under my knose. No, closer! It's like when something is so close to your eyeball that it is impossible to focus on. Closer than your lashes! As the clouds should drift through my empty skull before fully crystallizing my wavering being upon its truths,  then i digest to say:

I agree with liminal_luke. The child wailing over his stove-burt hand evokes Buddha's 1st noble Truth. Surely, though, had the child no Love for his hand he would not be taking it so hard in the first place.

Furthermore, i reckon it's obvious that we love TheDaoBums at least a little.. because otherwise would not be here to even read the question..

well said mate.

More and more it seems i am made of love and when I release fully into simple being... this is experienced as a clarion bell ringing effortlessly, bouyantly.

This place is a constant reminder of the ground state of love.  Even in the prickliest of interactions... for much like your adroit metaphor of the burnt hand... I love all of this place, even the triggers.  Sometimes particularly the triggers... as they remind me that the presence of love is so foundational, when my perspective of life becomes too myopic, I sometimes lose sight of what is most obvious and lose the forest for the trees, so to speak.

Even when this place challenges and triggers me, there is love flowing.  Without the love, there wouldn't be enough inertia to put fingers to keyboard in an attempt to express what is flowing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

What is our water?

Wow my friend... we share some deep resonance often but this is uncanny.  My first title for this thread was What is our Water?.

That is amazing.  I`m dumbstruck.  :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

That is amazing.  I`m dumbstruck.  :)

me too... I'll go look for my lower jaw later, it's somewhere under my desk right now... lol

• Haha 1

On 9/7/2018 at 6:15 PM, silent thunder said:

What is most obvious?

This is what I feel right now.  Our most obvious state is bliss, that stays in the midst of everything.  I am not talking about Samadhi states where conciousness is lost in some type of ecstatic state temporarily.  

If most obvious is bliss, then why is everyone not seeing/feeling it all the time? It's because we have forgotten and got caught up with the worldly things, due to maya, and this strange obscuring power.  When whatever is obscuring clears, the bliss shines again.  The typical example given is a good one, the clouds obscuring the sun.  The sun (or bliss) is obviously there, we know it even when we can't see it.  But we just are not conciously aware of the fact.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, s1va said:

This is what I feel right now.  Our most obvious state is bliss, that stays in the midst of everything.  I am not talking about Samadhi states where conciousness is lost in some type of ecstatic state temporarily.  

If most obvious is bliss, then why is everyone not seeing/feeling it all the time? It's because we have forgotten and got caught up with the worldly things, due to maya, and this strange obscuring power.  When whatever is obscuring clears, the bliss shines again.  The typical example given is a good one, the clouds obscuring the sun.  The sun (or bliss) is obviously there, we know it even when we can't see it.  But we just are not conciously aware of the fact.

:wub:  thank you.

• Like 1