dwai

Tai chi as a practical tool for Self realization

Interesting. Can all Tai Chi practicioners expect this state in the long, or short, run?

Is the word medha related to the medha nadi? What does it mean?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Arramu said:

Interesting. Can all Tai Chi practicioners expect this state in the long, or short, run?

Is the word medha related to the medha nadi? What does it mean?

Medha means “wisdom” in Sanskrit. 

As to whether all taiji practitioners can expect this state depends on the nature of practice AND transmission.  

There are many who’ve practiced for 30-40 years with no significant progress along the spiritual path (or even the martial path). 

My master says “what you get from taiji is what you put into taiji”. If you practice diligently with the right principles etc, you will progress for sure. 

I’d say that having a jnana Yoga practice along with taiji will help immensely. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arramu said:

:) I assume it works if one packs jing, chi, shen over the years, too. 

It’s not that easy to do this without proper transmission. It helps if a teacher with proper lineage (not necessarily traditional) transmits the lineage.  After this, it will enable the cultivation of jing/Qi/Shen (like super-charge). 

2 minutes ago, dwai said:

It’s not that easy to do this without proper transmission. It helps if a teacher with proper lineage (not necessarily traditional) transmits the lineage.  After this, it will enable the cultivation of jing/Qi/Shen (like super-charge). 

What does he transmit? Not jing/chi/shen? ... refined jing,chi,shen?

2 minutes ago, Arramu said:

What does he transmit? Not jing/chi/shen? ... refined jing,chi,shen?

The transmission is energy, but energy is knowledge/wisdom. Or you could say, it is transmission of presence.

• Like 2