Sign in to follow this  
Vernal GOd

Hello Hello

Hello all,

Ive been lurking on here on and off for a few years and have finally decided to go ahead and create a profile. Ive been reading up on and studying different systems of energy movement for some time now. Ive gone from transference healing, healing hands, hermetic beliefs, reiki, and so on. Im currently looking into the energy system of the eastern systems as they are very well done. Specifically im interested in the energy pathways as ive yet to find any other system which has them so in depth.

Im actually studying this as part of my master's program in counseling in preperation for my doctoral thesis on mind body interactions. Any sort of guidance on the theory of energy movement from a taoist/buddhist/confucian prospective will be greatly appreciated.  

• Like 3

Hello, Vernal God, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Vernal God,

Sounds like a doctor I would enjoy to visit :) I hope you find the info your looking for ... lots of stuff around here about Daoist energy systems and others.

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vernal GOd said:

Im actually studying this as part of my master's program in counseling in preperation for my doctoral thesis on mind body interactions.

Hi Vernal GOd,

Perhaps you may like to also seek out potential doctoral supervisors who share the same interest. They can make your research easier.

Welcome to TDB.

- LimA

Hi Vernal.  Welcome.  I'm an Atheist - there are no gods.

I'm sure you will find a few here to talk with regarding your interests.  I know they are here.

We just recently had a short off topic discussion about listening to our body and giving it what it is asking for.

Welcome Vernal God :)

This was a pretty good thread that you might find interesting...

And this google search will give you a lot more threads in this general topic that you may not have read yet.  Maybe you'll get some of them going again... :)

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=Vt1NW-ONMMa8tQXjuo-oCA&q=site%3Athedaobums.com+masters+energy+systems&oq=site%3Athedaobums.com+masters+energy+systems&gs_l=psy-ab.3...1879.15213.0.15524.43.33.0.0.0.0.1087.3338.5-1j2j1.4.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..39.0.0.0...0.dEgEwlv7Osc

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vernal GOd said:

... preparation for my doctoral thesis...

Hi Vernal GOd,

I wanted to do a dissertation on something linked to Taoism at an UK varsity.

But I was not allowed as there wasn't anyone on the academic roll call conversant with Taoism as a philosophy.

in-the-west-a-teacher-imparts-knowledge-to-a-student-in-the-east-a-teacher-transmits-nothing-more-quote-1.jpg

i-deal-with-cultural-issues-whether-they-be-in-the-middle-east-far-east-the-orient-or-the-west-you-quote-1.jpg

Sad...

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors. Enhance.
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this