Sign in to follow this  
rocala

Dharmakaya / God?

6 minutes ago, rideforever said:

It's done !  
If there is a discussion at hand and I feel I can contribute something then I shall, then hopefully people would be interested, and I could express the ideas clearly and without frustration or agenda and really communicate, that would be good, that is my personal goal.
Today I was thinking that people are where they are and need to grow from where they are ... new knowledge must be connected to the old, otherwise there is no bridge.   This is one of the reasons that just expressing something to everyone doesn't really do much.   It's not part of where they are at, what they are interested in, or what they can bridge.
The old adage about leading a horse to water .... it's quite violent to think that you can dump your ideas on people and they will lap it up ... even if they are true ....growth is more sensitive and we have to respect that people are moving in the direction that they are moving, and it may be very different from your own.  
Can you contribute to somebody where they are at ?  Maybe, maybe not.
Inspiration and love is more easy to contribute than other things.

:)

Looking forward to your ppd.

Hi

Things have got more than a little 'off post' but are very interesting. Enough for more than one new post. I will start one on the 'self', does it exist?

4 minutes ago, rocala said:

Hi

Things have got more than a little 'off post' but are very interesting. Enough for more than one new post. I will start one on the 'self', does it exist?

Can we bring it into being.

On 21/07/2018 at 4:23 PM, rideforever said:

Hello.  I was always and still am inspired by the path of Siddharta Gautama, it is a beautiful and meaningful story and I remember it often.

And finally I found the answers I needed.

On 22/07/2018 at 4:45 PM, rideforever said:

That's one hell of an assumption to lay as your foundation rock. 
"Things are bad".   But are they ?   
Why not these alternative First Noble Truths :

#1- Fuck, I Exist
#1- I Am, I Can, I Love, I Hope
#1- Yeah, I had a really shit day today so I am interested in the meaning of life

It is sad though that a man who arrives at a centre looking for help whether it is a Buddhist centre or a medical centre .... will receive a very low level of help, and possibly something far worse; being told that you are empty, is utterly destructive and false.

So you're inspired by the actual Buddha himself, but not what subsequent people have made of his teachings, i.e. the doctrines. That's fair enough, you're in accord with the Kalama Sutra. Now it's not my business to sell Buddhism to you, or anyone else for that matter, but have you considered that other organisations/teachers, (other than the one's you've already tried) may be able to present Buddhist teachings in a way that gels with you and accords with your experience? I've been to various Buddhist organisations and some of them I didn't gel with at all.

Not knowing all the details, but getting totally inappropriate advice for one's situation is lamentable. Just boiling all problems down to 'you're empty' smacks of spiritual by-passing - especially if someone is totally new to the teachings. Though maybe those giving the advice were not qualified or knowledgeable enough to help on an ordinary level too. There is absolute truth and relative truth and the relative truth of our ordinary existence can't be neglected.

I've gone on off-topic for too long now so will stop here, but will keep an eye out for your ppd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this