Sign in to follow this  
cosmic4z

Sometimes, it's all a bit of a mess...

I'm not sure what the Daoist way of looking at this would be; I'd be interested to know though, perhaps the following situation is represented by a hexagram?

It's when you feel frustrated and can see no way to proceed or progress a situation. You just have to accept that you're stuck. I think it's this accepting that you're stuck, that's the important bit. It almost seems like your (my) mind has ideas about how best to proceed; but those ideas are based on a limited partial view of things.

Also, I'm sure the more I insist on my own (ill concieved) way, the more resistance and fooked-up-ness materialises in my life.

Anyway, I just wondered if that specifically, relates to anything in Daoism?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps contemplate hexagram 12, "Standstill".

Also, I find this video quite beautiful - and potentially helpful, if you meditate about its message.

Hope this helps. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, sometimes our ego wants us to do things all by our self.  But really, there are times when it is best to just stop, sit down, and let our mind clear.  And there is nothing wrong with asking guidance or suggestions.

I think a good Taoist principle regarding this would be to know when we have reached our limit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cosmic4z said:

I think it's this accepting that you're stuck, that's the important bit.

Movement is a funny thing. It's always happening in the form of change but you can't always see it. When you appear to be stuck that really means the movement is subtle, hard to see. Meditate on that. If you can find the subtle (invisible) movement it may help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this