Sign in to follow this  
Jman

Beginning Qi Gong

Hi,

I've been meditating on and off for about 7 years. Every-time I start to get a consistent practice I start to come across intense blockages that seem endless. Meditating more does release some of the blockages but brings up  even more so that I eventually have to stop meditating due to the discomfort.

I want to start Qi Gong to help ground and release this energy and I am wondering what is a good movements to start with?

Thanks

Jerry

• Like 3

Hello, Jman, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Jerry,

Qigong is good for relaxing into the energy flows. Check out Tai chi qigong (shibasi) or the 8 Brocades. Both are easy and can be learned with minimal effort. Lots of info on different styles on the forum. Enjoy!

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Edited by Fa Xin

Yeah, the blockages practically are endless...atleast so far IME....but that doesn't mean things don't get better....just gotta put on your combat boots and trudge through the mud. 

Lot of good systems for Chi Kung that will help dissolve blockages. 

1. Spring Forest Qigong 

2. Flying Pheonix 

3. Yigong by Jenny Lamb 

4. KAP 

........etc. 

Welcome to TDB. 

• Like 2

On 7/1/2018 at 12:04 AM, Jman said:

blockages

Hi Jman,

Are the blockages standing in the way of this transformational path:

jing => chi => shen?

Welcome to TDB.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I started doing standing Qi Gong poses and they have really helped. I have been getting cool chills down my body when the blockages release.

I have been doing some spinal breathing pranyama and this has also helped. I have been getting some pretty intense kriyas/automatic yoga the last three days. Basically when I lie down to meditate I started stretching my neck and shoulders deeper and deeper and this has resulted in more release of these muscles than I've had in years. It has been an eye opening experience. Each movement is spontaneous and seems to be exactly the right movement. If someone saw me they would probably think I'm having a seizure!

On 7/3/2018 at 10:00 PM, Limahong said:

Are the blockages standing in the way of this transformational path:

jing => chi => shen?

Hi Limahong, could you explain this?  

17 minutes ago, Jman said:

Hi Limahong, could you explain this?

Are the blockages standing in the way of this transformational path:

jing => chi => shen?

Hi Jman,

I don't know what you meant by blockages - so I have it highlighted thus.

Generally things will not flow well if there are impediments.

- Anand

On 30/06/2018 at 5:04 PM, Jman said:

I've been meditating on and off for about 7 years. Every-time I start to get a consistent practice I start to come across intense blockages

What type of meditation ?

Breath meditation, following sensations at the nose. I do some body scan meditation as well.

25 minutes ago, Jman said:

Breath meditation, following sensations at the nose. I do some body scan meditation as well.

It's good to have a vision of this type of meditation to be more relaxed at the end than at the beginning.   The only real practice is to maintain contact at the rings of the nostrils, and also gently merging with the breath itself.   Forcing is completely counter productive..  If you fell a bit fighty and stressed, better to settle the body down into the Earth.
It's very different to meditate like this, than to be a meditator hero who will vanquish the enemy and crush themselves into concentration - that approach makes blockages boil.

Sign in to follow this