Buddy

A man dies

Death fascinates me. I have no understanding of it. Sometimes I fear it and sometimes I wish for it.

The story was beyond my understanding. So I keep searching, so that I can understand it.

If anyone can elaborate or discuss the story i would be really grateful.

No need to do either. It comes to everyone, the great equalizer. Yet everyone is oblivious to this eventuality. The man in the story knew his death was eminent, and he prepared, based on his tradition, for it when the time came. What's neat is that because of his practice, he when the time came.

Let me ask you this: Do you fear...before you were born?

Certainly a better tradition than ours where we don't talk about Death in "polite conversation" and end up in a sterile white room with people we don't know.

Sometimes I fear it and sometimes I wish for it.

I also want to talk about Death, but don't know what to say.

The one I have trouble with is not so much thinking about it . But the realization that someday I will experience breathing my last breath and it will be as real as "now" feels.

And my ego freaks and goes "What will happen to me, help, help save me, save ME."

I try to feel these things. But the ego wasn't there before we were born so I don't think it survives after death, "we" do, but I don't think it does. Hence the fear.

hahaha, I will have to quote you on this when it comes up in future conversations :)

Only Tao gives you the privilege of getting rid of death , not only in spiritual sense but also in physical sense .

Nearly all religions in this world claim afterlife eternity , only Taoism dares to claims earthly eternity.