Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

"Sunshine" (the movie)

So, a friend lent me "sunshine" yesterday.

On the outside: immature mis-fit crew goes to re-ignite the sun on this hardly credible sci-fi adventure.

On the inside: star gazing and sun worship. the sci-fi setting is really secondary; it's a stage for sun worship. And some of the pics of the sun are brilliant. (Some disturbing scenes near the end make it not for young kids.)

Writing is at turns mediocre and inspired. Worth it for the inspired parts.

Sunshine_111278o.jpg

So, a friend lent me "sunshine" yesterday.

On the outside: immature mis-fit crew goes to re-ignite the sun on this hardly credible sci-fi adventure.

On the inside: star gazing and sun worship. the sci-fi setting is really secondary; it's a stage for sun worship. And some of the pics of the sun are brilliant. (Some disturbing scenes near the end make it not for young kids.)

Writing is at turns mediocre and inspired. Worth it for the inspired parts.

Sunshine_111278o.jpg

Cool review!! I like that movie also, very much actually! But it's mainly because I love sci-fi, and good sci-fi is very hard to find. It gets very implausible towards the end, but that's Hollywood for you ;-)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

In kind regards,

Adam.

I like it as well for all the special effects. If I have to follow the story or imagine how realistically things would happen, then I would say "crap". Nonetheless, i would still watch it a second time. :)

Sign in to follow this