iadnon

Pilates: a tao practice spoiler?

Hi Bums!

I'm worried. I've been on an orgasm control routine, with much success for two months. Basically, I've been moving the sexual energy through the MCO.

Around two weeks ago I started off practising Pilates (you know, that yoga-like exercises to strengthen the abdominal area), and since the very first day, I've been quite unable to retain the seed.

My first suspicion is that the inner muscles have been tensed up due to the exercise. Maybe. that tension gets the inner machinery closer to the orgasm. It's a guess, just that.

Any advice? I'd like to go on doing Pilates, because it releases my back's tension.

Thanks!

Well I don't know much about Pilates.

But I don't think I'd be able to retain anything after a pilates class either,

unless it was an all male class :o

Observing my own body's response, a relaxed abdomen is essential to non ejac. You might look into a concurrent practice to relax the muscles after pilates. I'm sure there is great benefit to working out the abs, don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

how 'hard' do you do your pilates?

do you find yourself holding your breath?

what happens to the muscles that you use to push poo out?

If you find yourself pushing and holding or straining your breath, I would really recomend easing up a notch.

This is not advice specifically for pilates, but for any excersise that recruits the core... remember the core is very much linked to your beathing - alow your belly to act as a bellows - when it's compressed alow the air out, when it's expanded alow air in. In general breathe out on exertion (anytime you feel like holding your breath to give you more power, just ease up a bit and breathe out)

You may be over-exerting the pelvic floor and possibly your lower back (psoas) - they're linked with ejaculation - keep your full awareness on your body when working out - which means linking breath, structure and attention...

... I'm not sure how experienced you are, I dont meant to be condescending with this simplistic advice - but it's important stuff to consider...

how 'hard' do you do your pilates?

do you find yourself holding your breath?

If you find yourself pushing and holding or straining your breath, I would really recomend easing up a notch.

You guy, that's the best advice I've ever listened to. From time to time it's true I overstrain myself, and that makes me lose my breath control.

That point about the psoas muscle is invaluable for me right now. Thanks!

I'll do some abdominal stretching exercises, as chakrasana posture, and I'll tell you back.

Thanks for the help to you all.