Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Qi

Grandmaster Yuanming Zhang dvds

just come across these on kung fu magazines website ,

http://www.martialartsmart.com/dvd-yz110.html

He has a very impressive lineage and was wondering if anyone has saw these and if they are any good ?

I was just getting into the master wu dvds when I came across these and a little drama regarding wu's lineage claims.

there is also this one ,Arousing the Dragon Qigong

http://www.martialartsmart.com/dvd-yz101.html

I saw these a while back and was certainly tempted. He has his own DVD of shamanic tiger which is slightly different than Wu Zhongxian's, however I don't think it is available anymore. There are quite a few threads on here about him and he certainly sounds like a high level practitioner.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Vajra Fist said:

I saw these a while back and was certainly tempted. He has his own DVD of shamanic tiger which is slightly different than Wu Zhongxian's, however I don't think it is available anymore. There are quite a few threads on here about him and he certainly sounds like a high level practitioner.

Thats a real shame , I would love to see his version of the tiger form , from what I have gathered its the original form .

i have the dragon qigong DVD...in my opinion it would be a fairly difficult form to learn from DVD.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rakiel said:

i have the dragon qigong DVD...in my opinion it would be a fairly difficult form to learn from DVD.

does he break it down or just run through the form ?

is the dragon dvd the same as wu's fire dragon meridian qigong ?

Edited by Bruce Qi

21 minutes ago, Bruce Qi said:

does he break it down or just run through the form ?

is the dragon dvd the same as wu's fire dragon meridian qigong ?

he does not break it down. from what i've seen of Wu's form it is only vaguely similar

• Like 1

I went down this road before with Wu's stuff. I think a lot of us bums, myself included, tend to spend a lot of energy thinking about what is the authentic form not wanting to waste our time on something that won't give us long term results. However because of this we end up changing systems and wasting time anyway. The choice between Yuanming Zhang and Wu Zhongxian DVDs is less important in the long term than how accessible the teachers are, the responsibility they feel toward their students and their willingness to teach openly. In that sense you can't beat Wu, he has always been willing to answer my questions on email. He has international teaching retreats for more esoteric subjects when your practice reaches a certain level. From his videos on YouTube he seems kind and humble which is rare in this day and age. 

Edited by Vajra Fist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sign in to follow this