vinnie.

Explaining energy work and accomplishments in scientific language for a secular audience.

On 12/28/2017 at 2:33 AM, Spotless said:

You may wish to examine the SANDS conference = Science and Non duality

Science is still in its infancy with regard to subtle energies though the topic you mentioned = PK is somewhat covered and relatively simple.

Link to the PK somewhat covered and relatively simple?

I went to Google, found the site, did a search. Nothing... not so simple. Do I have to watch a ton of webinars from people not explaining how things work or theories?

I get tired of hearing that enough prana will do the trick, not buying it.

• Like 1

https://www.grc.com/health/research/Breathing/Physiology of long pranayamic breathing - Neural respiratory elements may provide a mechanism that explains how slow deep breathing shifts the autonomic nervous system.pdf

Physiology of long pranayamic breathing: Neural respiratory elements may provide a mechanism that explains how slow deep breathing shifts the autonomic nervous system.

Breathing, and How it Alkalizes Your Blood pH

Along with food combining, proper breathing is of great importance to your bone health. By proper breathing I mean deep, cleansing breaths that are not too shallow or too fast.

It’s a medical fact that extremely rapid, hyperventilation-type breathing can actually cause excessive alkalization of the blood. But the opposite is also true – too shallow breathing causes acid to build up in your body, and here’s why.

When you breathe in a shallow manner, or subconsciously hold your breath and fail to breathe deeply and thoroughly, you not only fail to take in enough oxygen; you also do not exhale completely. That means carbon dioxide (CO2) accumulates in your blood. High CO2 levels decrease pH, leading to acidification of the blood.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5455070/

The Effect of Diaphragmatic Breathing on Attention, Negative Affect and Stress in Healthy Adults

Edited by Jessup2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Jessup2 said:

Link to the PK somewhat covered and relatively simple?

I went to Google, found the site, did a search. Nothing... not so simple. Do I have to watch a ton of webinars from people not explaining how things work or theories?

I get tired of hearing that enough prana will do the trick, not buying it.

It looks like your pretty new to this with respect to the OP.

Lots of enthusiasm which is great - most of the real funding has been from sports related inquiry where there is big money for any edge - also some good old stuff from UCLA in Kirilian Photography and Russian stuff on all sorts of studies. 

The problem is often that the scientists have little idea what to look for and finding the best subjects is nearly impossible. This has been changing.

The SANDS conference is far deeper than apparently your searches or the data base - and again it may well be a case of you not having a clue what you are looking for as most scientists and most highly achieved masters are not so highly achieved as might be assumed and the assumptions are incredibly strong.

Most of the real work is still stuck in the format of materialism and pin pointing active areas in the brain and labeling. At the very least things like the "obsurd and ludicrous" notion that observers of an experiment could effect the outcome of an experiement is now seen as not only NOT rediculous but in fact seems to be accepted as fact now.

It will be interesting i think in several decades - for now it is still a very icy stil birth on a regular basis.  Somewhat interesting but little going in a direction that is particularly riveting.

Far more interesting is the amount of quality help for those actually doing practice and cushion time. The quality of translations and the number of decent to good Western teachers is increasingly increasing.

Edited by Spotless
Misspelling
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Spotless said:

... it may well be a case of you not having a clue what you are looking for as most scientists and most highly achieved masters are not so highly achieved as might be assumed and the assumptions are incredibly strong.

Hi Spotless,

I am not going to pretend that I can figure out where Jessup2 is coming from or going to. But I like to thank him for sharing so impressively.

To be honest I refrain from reading his posts in depth apart from a quick scan. Why? For the past couple of years, I have found inner peace in wuwei and being a nobody.

These two words from you have underlined my inner peace - 'assumed' and 'assumptions'.

They help me to pull myself away from big data in terms of (a) assumptions, (b) analyses, (c) interpretations, (d) further research, (e) funding, (f) whose is, or are, funding...

I am not against learning and the search for knowledge - in fact I champion for them. But whenever I sense knowledge being linked to power or antonyms of humility, I seek silence...

- LimA

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Apeiron&Peiron said:

Well, all things considered, "the observer effecting the outcome of an experiment", though an okay concept, is still rather shoddily developed and poorly applied in Quantum theory...

To those with "inner" sight the idea that the observer does not effect that being observed is simply silly in most cases. Obviously it can vary a great deal - but subtle energy is always in interchange.

You are correct - it is still newish in science - but on the cutting edge of it the assumption is that it is more likely than not as a possibility and this is nearly the polar opposite of not long ago when the very conjecture of this as a possibility was considered preposterous lunacy.

• Like 3