truli zhen

Greetings and Salutations

Hello! I study Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine and found this forum by asking google if Vladimir Nabokov ever studied daoism because he is quoted as saying 

“Does there not exist a high ridge where the mountainside of scientific knowledge joins the opposite slope of artistic imagination?”

This quote made me think of yin and yang and the Chinese words representing a mountain with the sunny side and the shade or dark side represented. Of course, anyone who has absorbed mountain peaks may be struck with the idea of the whole being made of at least two distinct sides. 

And the forum made me introduce myself in order to read more. So here I am.

• Like 3

Hello, truli zhen and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi truli,

Yeah, it is the rare mountain that has only sunny sides.  The concept of Yin/Yang are ever present.  It is what drives life.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Welcome truli zhen! (I love your screen name, but auto ed has a hard time with it!)

Looking forward to reading your posts...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, truli zhen said:

Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine

How exciting! My poor cat is going to the dentist tomorrow. Poor baby. Do you have any suggestions for treating trauma in cats? I give him lots of love, and fresh chicken. That seems to work but it pains me to see him in pain. :(

• Like 2

On 11/8/2017 at 8:35 AM, Lost in Translation said:

treating trauma

Tea made out of the flowers of hops and chamomile.  Apply with eye dropper.  Safe and effective for cats.

Edited by moment
confusing
  • Like 3