17 hours ago, neti neti said:

ego is known to have only been oneself in disguise

Thank you. Is this your personal realization? I find this profound since it seems many assert the ego to be something to vanquish or to reduce to the point of nothingness. It's refreshing to see the ego recognized as self, and thus valuable - even if only as a tool for growth.

• Like 4

On 9/12/2017 at 5:19 PM, Boy said:

Yes, with the caveat that I don't exactly understand what you mean by "[m]odifications of differentiating" I very much agree, neti neti (not that it matters ;)). Nonetheless, in my experience such descriptions tend to awaken the pathos to such a degree that the realization (or whatever path lies before it) gets "lost" temporarily. This is not a critique but just an innocent thought - I personally found it more helpful to get it in "plain english" with as few paradoxes as possible and with fixed definitions. Much love.

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Thank you. Is this your personal realization? I find this profound since it seems many assert the ego to be something to vanquish or to reduce to the point of nothingness. It's refreshing to see the ego recognized as self, and thus valuable - even if only as a tool for growth.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, neti neti said:

The mind stream and its modes are modifications. Modified perceptions of reality creating differentiation where none exists. That which makes perception possible is neither lost nor can it be found, it does not come nor does it go. It only appears to play hide and go seek with itself, peek-a-boo. A finger points at everything except itself.

Your experience is mine, mine is yours. No me, no you. Otherness is the darkness of ignorance destroyed by the light of self. That light is ever-shining and was never not revealed. Beyond the most mind-boggling of paradoxes or the simplest one-liners, that pure resplendent genius alone is.

The paths least trodden provide the conditions for one to forge onward into the unknown. Rabbit holes run deep, all winding into one until we come full circle just to find ourselves where we once began. There I am, I never left... I give up. :)

Bravo! Very nicely put; poetic, and most certainly true. Still, I can't help to reiterate my point through this clip - but please, it's all in good jest:

I would also like to point to Ashtavakra Gita, which I'm sure you've heard of. In my view it, among other things, points to the importance of putting your feet steadily on the ground before burning the raft (sorry for the buddhist analogy ^_^). Again, this is not really a criticism, and I will vouch for your every word!! Much love!

• Like 2

On 9/13/2017 at 5:09 PM, Boy said:

Bravo! Very nicely put; poetic, and most certainly true. Still, I can't help to reiterate my point through this clip - but please, it's all in good jest:

I would also like to point to Ashtavakra Gita, which I'm sure you've heard of. In my view it, among other things, points to the importance of putting your feet steadily on the ground before burning the raft (sorry for the buddhist analogy ^_^). Again, this is not really a criticism, and I will vouch for your every word!! Much love!

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 2

Avadhuta Gita

Where one knows nothing, there is verily no versification.
The Supreme and free One –
pure of thought, absorbed in the consciousness
of the homogenous being, prattles about the truth.

Edited by neti neti
  • Like 3

:D This further confirms my intuition that there are basically two kinds of people in this world! And now I can also call them Ashtavakrans and Avadhutans!! Have a wonderful day, my friend!

• Like 2

I like where this thread is going. 

I remember Ramana Maharshi saying: search for your ego and you will find yourself, for no ego really exists 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nothingness said:

I remember Ramana Maharshi saying: search for your ego and you will find yourself, for no ego really exists 

Okay.  I "Like" this too.  Ego is but self-realization.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Okay.  I "Like" this too.  Ego is but self-realization.

The ego is a phenomenon, just like the mind and the body. They all rise from and fall back into the Self.

• Like 4