Sign in to follow this  
Pietro

Michael Post

Michael wrote a post explaining what has happened. Unfortunately in the meantime James was deleting any post that was pointing to here. Woops.

So here is my suggestion, let's gather the power of the many, and write a common answer. I started a first version in the wiki (the link is after). Just read it, and change it until you feel it fits to you too like a glove. It might have extra fingers (i.e. 'some of us feel that') but no claim should be false.

Guys, let's see if we can speak with one voice!

P.S. I know seedwiki is hard to use. please bear with me. We will install a new prgram soon (mediawiki is free and open source). In the meantime, if you (like me) have problems with the java editor, just click on Text Area below and edit the simple html. Someone will make sure it also looks nice.

Answer to Michael from the Board:

http://www.seedwiki.com/page.cfm?doc=Our%2...ost&wikiid=4265

Ron, please, don't correct all our caps lock. We like it that way.

Hmmm... maybe we should just wait until the site is fully developed. Do you know the email addresses of most of the core contributing members of the HT board? We could just privately invite them over here, and continue to decide on software, domain name, admins, moderators, categories, etc.etc. Then I will buy the domain (if anyone wants to chip in that's great too) and will design the look/theme with any else who wants to help. Then once the site is polished and live on thw new domain and we are mostly happy with it we can announce it on HT, but announce it in a completely friendly non-competitive way (which is what I hope it to be) as just another discussion forum for taoist practices. And sheepy/max and whoever else can do the more aggressive marketing/meta tags/google indexing, etc. to get a larger active user base.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not sure the announcement of this forum should be in the context of a "goodbye healing tao board" because both can coexist peacefully... know what I mean?

Sean.

Sean.

I DONT QUITE UNDERSTAND DA WHOLE THING. THERE BE TWO THANGS GOIN ON HERE, OR RATHER THERE:

FIRST, OK DA FORUM DISSAPPERAS MABBE BECAUSE OF A HACKA;

BUT SECOND, THERE YA HAVE WHAT ONE WOULD THINK TO BE DA WEBMASTER, DELETIN POSTS OF SUCH VETTERANS AS PLATO N HARRY PAIN.

HE EVEN GOT BIKKHU HARRYPISSED OFF!! AND IT'S NOT EASY TO PISS OFF A THERRAVADA RENUNCIATE!!!

OBVIOUSLY THERE'S SOMETHIN WRONG IN DA HUMAN RELATIONSHIP. HERE YA HAVE A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO FOR GOOD OR BAD HAVE BEEN EXCHANGIN IDEAS FOR A TIME OF 7-8 YEARS, N THEN ONE DAY YA WAKE UP N THINK YA CAN LIQQUIDATE DA HUMAN COMMUNITY DA WAY YA DUMP YER TRASH IN DA MORNING.

WELL THAT'S KINDA dDISSAPPOINTIN TO SAY DA LEAST.

LOOK A TAOIST IS SOMEONE WITH A GUT URGE TOWARD STILLNESS N EVERLASTIN THINGS, NOTHIN PISSES OFF A TAOMAN MORE THAN PEOPLE WITHOUT FOUNDATION OR WHO CHANGE UNNECCISSARILY LIKE A SLUT'S SKIRT EXPOSED TO DA SHIFTIN WINDS..

I SAY, IT AINT BROKEN, DONT FIX IT.

ANYHOW, SINCE WE ARE ALSO CHRONICLERS O' TAO, I SAY WE MUST FIND OUT WHAT REALLY HAPPENED N WHETHER IT WAS TRULY A HACKA OR JUST JAMES GETTIN HIGH ON CRACK COCAINE N FUKIN UP EVERYTHINGH. PERRHAPS A COMBINATION OF DA TWO.

BTW, SOME OF YA PLEASE CONTACT S.BIEL AT S_BIEL@YAHOO N TELL HIM TO REPORT HERE.

RONNIETSU KONG YU MING MAHALINGAM

Thank you Harry. That's not a bad idea. A little Paypal button or something. Just to cover the exact cost of domain and hosting. I don't want to (nor imagine I will) make any money from the site. But if there is any remainder I will find a good charity to give it to.

Sean.

I can buy a domain, no problem. Is it what everyone wants, TaoBums.com?

Where am I rederecting it to, what server?

I think we should all contribute.

I also think we should have many administrators, and contributing should be one (but not the only) necessary condition to become an administrator. In this way we avoid situations we had with someone having the last word on something (or waking up in the morning and deciding he have to balance all the good karma), and we spread the work.

Also my I suggest that the line under the name Tao Bums, should be

"The Bums of Tao" or "The Bums of the Tao" more then the "Tao Bums". Is more explicative and less repetitive.

I am definitely for us all contributing.

Also needing more than one person to delete any post would be a good idea and that a reason must be left.

:P

Do you think we should get .com, .org., or .net? I remember what you wrote about .com's getting higher ranking on Google, but it just seems like we are more an .org ... or maybe a .net if we eventually turn this into a portal or something. Then again, we could just buy all three (over time) and point them to the same place.

Sean, we don't need all 3, just .com is enough. .com will have higher rating in Google then the rest. .com can be a portal, and like you said, if we want to buy.net and.org, we will alway have time to do that, but for now it makes no sence.

What we need now is to buy a domain and to point it to a server. It's $8.20/year from where I buy it , plus I can make it secure so no one can see who owns it. I think Plato offered to host it on his server, or I can put it on mine. We got to do it and we need to decide who will do it NOW. Either I, Ron Jeremy or someone else.

Sign in to follow this