sageofthesixpaths

Mo Pai and John Chang

2 hours ago, sageofthesixpaths said:

I am still searching for Sifu Chang. But I was looking for him not to be his student, to begin with :-). I just wanted to exchange information from him, as teacher/master to another teacher/master. I can even show him something he had not seen yet. And what I am going to do is natural in my perspective. I have visited much older teachers, and they were still open back then. But of course, there is a proper etiquette in visiting teachers :-).

With that post, thedaobums has reached a new height (or depth, depending on the pov):

Thedaobums members trying to find John Chang "to teach him from master to master".

Wow.

Edited by Wells
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, gendao said:

Well, Bruce Lee was like a brash Conor McGregor back then.  Both were aggressively and actively on the offensive to prove their points.  But guys going to that extreme are 1 in a few billion...  Whereas, Ilovecoffee is a lot milder and more just on the defensive whenever the topic comes up. 

That doesn't change the fact that the basic dynamics are the same, though.  Bruce Lee basically believed some of the establishment dogma was ineffective, and some of them felt he was just too arrogant and disrespectful.  At the core, the conflict really lies in how to ascertain what the truest (and thereby, most effective) version of something is.  Which is no small feat, particularly in fringe fields.

I mean, why did people develop the scientific method?  Why did people start the UFC and MMA cage fighting?  These were all different attempts to validate the truth by controlled repetition or direct competition.

So at the end of the day, who "wins?"  The man holding the thunderbolt of truth, rules them all - and moreso, himself!  Hence, we're all constantly seeking it, like sifting through desert sands for water lost in mirages...

It's funny to think, however triggered some members feel from Ilovecoffee's uncompromising Mo Pai advocacy here...you can only imagine how certain Chinatown proprietors felt after constantly getting publicly dissed by Bruce Lee in various formats (demos, books, etc), lol... 

So, I guess a showdown became inevitable at that point of continual escalation, lol.

Anyhow, just adding some greater perspective here by showing a bigger picture at play.  This is not a unique scenario, and there's actually a whole buffet of food for deeper contemplation here.. B)

Sometimes-you-cant-see-the__quotes-by-Sw

I'm sorry Gendao, but I'm not going to play these games with you any more. This conversation is over. Best wishes and goodbye.

:P

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

What style is it that you are teaching? Chances are you know some of my teachers in Manila then.

My best recommendation is to start in Jogja. Last I was there was when pure luck gave me some hints as to where he is, but as all sages are wont to be, if he allows you to find him, you'll find him.

Thanks for the info :-). I teach divine esoteric, one which is found only in our own country :-), though I am also a teacher of Kabbalah, especially the theoretical one. My divine teachings are free, but I only teach to those who I think are deserving or those who meet my requirements.
I also teach Tai Chi and Chi Kung. In Toronto, I teach it for free at the community centers or the places where it is ok to teach. Whenever I teach them, I always explain the principles behind the movements. I teach them as a martial art as well. But for them to be applied as a self defense, I teach the students the mechanics of Fa Jin. I am a Master of Fa Jin after all.

I know a few healers in Manila. But I am located in the province. It will be good to meet you there. I will be there starting this coming September. I will message you during that time :-). 

• Like 3

On 7/16/2017 at 9:12 PM, Earl Grey said:

If Divine Esoteric is anything like local practices Divine Alchemy or Inner Dance, perhaps I've heard of it or similarities. I know people behind those two paths as well, and the Pranic Healing group. Familiar with a number of local masters and practices originating here.

As for Tai Chi and Qigong, I am a seven-year practitioner of the two and if you knew the late Master David Chan, he was our Xin Yi Liuhebafa Yi Quan master, who also highly emphasizes fa jin, which his successor teaches us (Master JR Rodriguez).

I am based in Makati. 

Oh no, not those. Sorry for not being specific. I was reffering to the Divine Esoteric as one that involves the names of God, and it is connected to Kabbalah. I have visited the Pranic healing group in Makati a long time ago. Glad, that you are based in Makati, it would be easier to find you :-)

Never heard the master that you mentioned. I just saw the clip in your post. Sadly, my fa jin is different from it. I am not a believer of those who fly back with a push, or with a touch, or even with no touching at all. For me it is a demonstration done by others especially when using their students. But I don't want any of my students to have anything to do with it. If anyone of my prospective students can fly back like those, I have to teach him to strengthen his mind and will before anthing else. My fa jin, if I could explain it in one way, has a penetrative destructive force. It is like in one of the demos of fa jin of Master Chen Xiaowang. One who has master it can do it in every moves. I can show it to you when we meet. :-)

• Like 1

On 7/16/2017 at 2:48 AM, Wells said:

With that post, thedaobums has reached a new height (or depth, depending on the pov):

Thedaobums members trying to find John Chang "to teach him from master to master".

Wow.

Wow?

Wait a second.  Are you under the opinion Thedaobums members are headed to Indonesia 'to teach' John Chang? 

If so, please re-read the thread.  This is one new guy posting in the Welcome section.  That's a little different then your generalization.   It's reading with a pretty distorted filter. 

Re-read the thread and you'll see the majority of posts were 'Don't bother, he doesn't want to be found'.  Those are edited out of your consciousness. 

On the third hand, I agree with the sentiment that unless 6paths is truly an old amazing master that such a quest to 'teach' JC something is shooting a little too high.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Wow?

Wait a second.  Are you under the opinion Thedaobums members are headed to Indonesia 'to teach' John Chang? 

If so, please re-read the thread.  This is one new guy posting in the Welcome section.  That's a little different then your generalization.   It's reading with a pretty distorted filter. 

Re-read the thread and you'll see the majority of posts were 'Don't bother, he doesn't want to be found'.  Those are edited out of your consciousness. 

On the third hand, I agree with the sentiment that unless 6paths is truly an old amazing master that such a quest to 'teach' JC something is shooting a little too high.

I didn't reply him because he did not even bother to read and understand my post properly. One of the reasons is because of his agitated mind. The thing is it is pretty common for masters to visit other masters to exchange information between each other. And that is what I said exactly. It is common for masters to learn new things from each other in the process. Why should anyone be angry about it? And if I change the word "masters" to "practitioners," it would still be valid. 

• Like 7