Owledge

Turd eye opening

1 hour ago, Owledge said:

The last part of the quote doesn't vibe with me. Many people are actually choosing the reality they prefer and that causes a lot of suffering. It's a tool, neither positive or negative, but characterized by what it is used for. It is popular among the strongest and the weakest. Nothing is gained by just blanket-advocating such a neutral tool. It only makes the advocate feel better about themselves, BELIEVING they have helped the world with it. The life advice / career consulting industry is full of this.

it is neutral but nature is neutral isn't it?

in my experience, seeing infinite possibilities in the present moment is the freedom that many people desperately seek outside of themselves, when it's right here all along. 

This concept is not the same as "create your own destiny" found in the motivational racket. At least it's not marketed that way. 

If we take a moment and slow down, get out of our own heads and stories, we see that life is just a series of moments, a never ending "now" that is a choice.  it's about taking responsibility but it's also about being present for the choices. 

Instead of being on autopilot letting life whip us around, or instead of being a calculating, logical thinker trying to see 5 years ahead.

we are totally free by seeing what is really there, which is just "this" which just is. Trying to make the world better is only living in fantasy, this includes our own world imo. 

But it's late and I should be sleeping, pay no attention to me. :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

But it's late and I should be sleeping, pay no attention to me. :)

You need to say this at the beginning or it won't work. :-P

• Like 1