Sign in to follow this  
roger

effortless and natural growth

I had a conversation with my "sage self" that helped me get clear about the way to grow and succeed spiritually. I would have posted this under the thread "Effort vs no-effort" but I felt guided to start a new one.

Basically, love, being at peace, self-acceptance, letting go, following your heart, being centered, and otherwise manifesting your divine nature, are all NATURAL things to do. You don't have to TRY, you just have to TRULY be yourself, be who you really are.

But here's the problem. People are so steeped in the habit of being UNNATURAL, that it may require a DELIBERATE CHOICE to ALLOW oneself to be truly natural.

We're so used to NOT being who we really are that we may have to deliberately allow ourselves to be who we really are.

• Like 5

Because we have personal and cultural conditioning and veils of illusion and negative (as well as positive) patterns, I think that it does take effort to be truly natural (however that is defined). I suppose that after practicing a while it is then easier to be natural but it still takes mindfulness and awareness.

Edited by rex
  • Like 2

1.At what time you usually think that way?

2.and when you don't think that way, then why?

you can answer to the enquiry 2, during time 2.

i have heard too many times the people who are at 1, and then at some point they disappear.. guess they are indulging in some dark habits, the time 2.

• Like 1

roger, you are the one of the types who always appear to tell about love? good thing about internet and forums are there are all kinds of persons. Think of flowers, you are just one type of numerous forms who appear and wither at different conditions and times.

In nature we find two different approach to life adopted by us, human beings. One is the extroverted pursuit generally known as worldly life. The other is the introverted pursuit of the Supreme Self within ourselves generally known as spiritual life. In worldly life, there is no seeking, no conscious quest to know the higher truths and realities of life. It is more of a herd instinct where in the individual is complacent with his sensual, selfish, egoistic, utilitarian, materialistic living. In worldly life, unless the individual learns a lesson from the knocks and shocks of life, there is no way he can turn spiritual. Some human beings are alert and dynamic that they turn to research and analysis of their own life after going through minimum of experiences in life needed to conclude the right path to be taken in life. Some extroverted living experience is necessary just to personally confirm about the truths and realities of life.

• Like 1

The society imprint in modern society runs too deep.

Anything which does not follow the "current" norm is seen as a deviation.

Any deviation is prosecuted via isolation.

Humans are social creatures and isolation is a hard one for them

Thus, the desire to "fit in".

Being Natural is almost impossible... of course you can always do it on internet and do whatever you want and be whatever you want, but this "digital persona" is still only part of yourself.

Edited by qicat
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this