Sign in to follow this  
Rakiel

Yoganandas 'double breathing' combined with Wim Hof method

Yogananda's double breathing technique utilized during the energization exercises, which consist of a very quick inhale followed by a much deeper inhale introduces a greater amount of oxygen into the body than the standard inhale.

I have recently been performing my 30 power breaths during my wim hof breathing in this fashion. I think it results in more oxygen entering the body and heightens the effectiveness of the method.

I know there are several bums here that practice WIm Hof, and I thought I would share this

regards 

• Like 3

hmm, so you're staggering the inhales.  First one fast, second one concentrating on depth and fullness, then repeat.  Interesting. 

A variation I was working on was a slight hold at the end of inhalation.  Not long, just keeping the fullness for a half second or so.  Giving my body a chance to absorb all that O2.  Don't know if it really helps, but an interesting change up to try. 

@Rakiel - thanks for the info.  How long have you been practicing WHM that way?  

And, are you seeing a difference in your exhale-hold times?  

I have been practicing similar to Learner, with a slight hold after the inhale of one or two seconds....that's giving me max hold times.

• Like 1

@Rakiel - thanks for the info.  How long have you been practicing WHM that way?  

And, are you seeing a difference in your exhale-hold times?  

I have been practicing similar to Learner, with a slight hold after the inhale of one or two seconds....that's giving me max hold times.

I've only recently begun to implement this. I don't have any concrete information at the moment.

Sign in to follow this