Sign in to follow this  
A Greased Scotsman

Greasings from Scotland

Hello all, I'm A Greased Scotsman.  I found my way here thanks to the Taoist WikiProject (I'm not a contributor, I just stumbled on it).

I'm a Scottish Pagan who has always held the words of Master Lao in high regard; I've recently become more & more drawn to the philosophical side of Taoism but I'd also like to learn about the history of religious Taoism starting with the Tianshi Tao.

Just trying to figure out how to alter my profile to say more about myself.  Watch this space!

• Like 3

Hello A Greased Scotsman, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Scotsman,

You would have a hellova time if you were trying to catch a greased pig.  There is a full study of the TTC available for you to read and make posts to if you so desire.  There are some Religious Taoist here so you should b able to find other members to talk with about that. 

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

Hello A Greased Scotsman, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Scotsman,

You would have a hellova time if you were trying to catch a greased pig.  There is a full study of the TTC available for you to read and make posts to if you so desire.  There are some Religious Taoist here so you should b able to find other members to talk with about that. 

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Welcome to TDB.  :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, Marblehead & OldAngel.  I've come from a multi-faith forum where there are only a handful of Taoists, if that.  I wouldn't go near that sort of talk with me; it's a rather slippery subject :P  I'll have a look around and see if there's any threads that answer my questions before creating any of my own.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this