Taomeow

The _real_ Buddhists are adorable!

I meant that Lower-Middle-Higher world is the prevalent shamanic worldview, and bön was a kind of formalized/scriptured  shamanism (before the Buddhist conquest of Tibet), as was proto-taoism (with oral lore and graphic diagrams rather than scriptures) which reinterpreted these shamanic concepts as the Earth-Humanity-Heaven triad.  

Sensations and experiences are possible if you go back to shamanic underpinnings of either.  In magical taoism, e.g., there's procedures that are pretty much indistinguishable from those used in many shamanic traditions, complete with journeying into the depth of the Earth (the Lower world) and invoking a magical horse to then take you to the realms of your choosing.  It starts out as a taoist meditation and from there goes back into the shamanic trance. In bön, which I don't know all that well, there's its own counterparts, of which I only remember the Upper World god, known as are the White Old Man or Pehar.  His thing is to turn into a shamanic bird that can take you to the upper realm.  The shamanic journey motifs are very similar. 

"graphic diagrams". any examples? Just a guess, but maybe the nei jing tu diagram?

What about sixth chakra experience? Do they all have this in common?

• Like 1

"graphic diagrams". any examples? Just a guess, but maybe the nei jing tu diagram?

What about sixth chakra experience? Do they all have this in common?

Hetu and Luoshu.  Yin yang (taijitu).  From these, the derivation of the bagua, which can be considered the transition point from proto-taoism of the shaman-king Yu to taoism proper of Fuxi the civilizer.  From these, wuxing, and the circular I Ching, and then the "square" one with text appearing after it was organized this way (King Wen and the Duke of Zhou), and this is the first canonized taoist text, the first "scripture," so to speak.

Chakras are not part of taoist anatomy and physiology, although I'm sure they correspond to some active points on the meridians or suchlike, perhaps overlapping with this or that "Gate" -- the sixth does seem to sit in the same place as the "mud ball" crucial in taoist alchemy, but I really don't remember all that much about chakras, it's been a while... 

• Like 1

Little is said of Dan Mu because nothing is done yet nothing is left undone (but it is the energy gate in question).

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

This is good vigorous debate I agree, many have smiles. I would call it striving together. Exercising the mind.

Magical horses, different dimensions, Pehar, reminds me of Kelt and Norse Mythos

220px-Odin,_Sleipnir,_Geri,_Freki,_Hugin

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 1

I meant that Lower-Middle-Higher world is the prevalent shamanic worldview, and bön was a kind of formalized/scriptured shamanism (before the Buddhist conquest of Tibet), as was proto-taoism (with oral lore and graphic diagrams rather than scriptures) which reinterpreted these shamanic concepts as the Earth-Humanity-Heaven triad.  

Ah, see I thought you were referring to Earth Immortal, Human Immortal, Heavenly Immortal from Taoism. 

• Like 1

journeying into the depth of the Earth (the Lower world) and invoking a magical horse to then take you to the realms of your choosing.  It starts out as a taoist meditation and from there goes back into the shamanic trance. In bön, which I don't know all that well, there's its own counterparts, of which I only remember the Upper World god, known as are the White Old Man or Pehar.  His thing is to turn into a shamanic bird that can take you to the upper realm.  The shamanic journey motifs are very similar. 

It would be interesting to read/write a comparative study on this. 

• Like 1