Sign in to follow this  
mvingon

Christ Mass

This is a comment I read, on a news post yesterday:

Maybe those who want to put CHRIST back in Christmas should consider putting CHRIST back in Christian.

Ramen.

• Like 1

Who wants to be Christian in a traditional, apostolic church?

Personal Jesus is better. In personal Christianity, none really needs christ...

• Like 1

It's a European Pagan celebration, Judeo-Christians/ Puritans etc thought gift giving, singing, dressing nicely etc was Satanic. It was an impossible task to have the Pagans forget Yule though, So they just put JC in front of it.

Edited by Sionnach
  • Like 2

Yes, yes, and yes. Thank you all.

It seems people even think Christ means "personal genie." I know a lot of Christians who never give one thought to any god, christ, not being so very base, until they get into trouble. Even then, it seems to be "gimme," (give me, for those not used to American English slang), not "how did my thinking/behavior/action/lack of these contribute, what can I do differently, and what can I do to clear up the mess I just made?"

Then, sometimes even before the most of the mess is cleaned, it's right back to the same recklessness that caused the mess. Kids, I understand. Maybe even up until 25-30, since research suggests brains aren't fully developed before then (I think longer than that, if they do a lot of drinking, doping, poor nutrition, definitely a lot of lead and other contamination in water).

No, I do not mean kids who experiment, a little of this, a little of that. I mean the kids that end up addicts, in their teens.

Smh.

Who wants to be Christian in a traditional, apostolic church?

Personal Jesus is better. In personal Christianity, none really needs christ...

Ohhh ?   There is some type of Christ ianity out there that does not need Christ ???     :blink:

I took it as subtle humor. Maybe was meant as such, maybe was meant seriously. Who knows? I wouldn't let it bother me much, either way. That's just me. I see a lot of self-professed Christians around, who would probably crucify Christ, if they had the chance. Or to put it in their own terms, they drive the nails, with ugly talk and behavior, doing exactly opposite or ignoring what Jesus purportedly said.

Sign in to follow this