awaken

How to cultivate without methods

5 minutes ago, Ryan94 said:

How is that insulting? I reject that 'warning'.

How is that insulting her? I said nothing overly insulting. I reject that 'warning'.

You can reject it if you'd like. Calling some one a coward and full of shit is uncivil and insulting and not taken lightly.

Kar3n

TDB Mod Team

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

You can reject it if you'd like. Calling some one a coward and full of shit is uncivil and insulting and not taken lightly.

Kar3n

TDB Mod Team

Lol, calling someone a coward is worthy of a mod warning? Are you for real? Sorry petal

And I never said she's full of shit (though I wouldn't disagree), so why are you putting words in my mouth?

1 minute ago, Ryan94 said:

Lol, calling someone a coward is worthy of a mod warning? Are you for real? Sorry petal

And I never said she's full of shit (though I wouldn't disagree), so why are you putting words in my mouth?

I am not here to argue with you. The warning stands. Take it or leave it.

Kar3n

TDB Mod Team

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

I am not here to argue with you. The warning stands. Take it or leave it.

Kar3n

TDB Mod Team

Why are you defending her so vehemently, yet stay silent when she dodges my questions? Why do you go all fascist on me, yet don't allow debate/support the Awaken echo-chamber when Awaken gets challenged?

17 hours ago, Ryan94 said:

thank you for your response dawei. I had lost almost all hope in this forum as I disliked how laoshi awaken kept dodging my questions, deleting my answers which called her out, and I'm portrayed as the bad guy. I corrected her on a few things (such as the true meaning of the 'red son', but she just wrote back 'you're wrong', with nothing backing that, later deleting my answer.

I'm a straightforward guy, nothing more. I wish no harm or ill thoughts on awaken, I just want to speak on an eye to eye level, rather than beg for a few scraps from dear master. That's not my way. Perhaps I could learn a little bit of humbling if awaken had a bit of evidence, but I found no such evidence.

Anyway, I don't want this to be some sort of tirade. We all have a lot to share, but sometimes I feel we should be more critical, even to the 'masters'. As the ancients say, we shall know our brothers from their works (owtte).

That is all very fair game...  Awaken has stated many times in many threads she does not have a command of english as english speakers do...  yet she is trying to communicate as she can best do.   I could spill a few pages on this gap but let's see if we can accept that other folks who grew up in cultures that are straightforward in a different way.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ryan94 said:

Why are you defending her so vehemently, yet stay silent when she dodges my questions? Why do you go all fascist on me, yet don't allow debate/support the Awaken echo-chamber when Awaken gets challenged?

Every member has a right to share or not without being treated in a manner that is against the tenets of TDB.

You did not read the link I posted for you did you? 

The pinned topics in the following link will give you the answers you are looking for.

https://www.thedaobums.com/forum/436-rules-and-use/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

Every member has a right to share or not without being treated in a manner that is against the tenets of TDB.

You did not read the link I posted for you did you? 

The pinned topics in the following link will give you the answers you are looking for.

https://www.thedaobums.com/forum/436-rules-and-use/

ok, I will abide by them in the future.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dawei said:

That is all very fair game...  Awaken has stated many times in many threads she does not have a command of english as english speakers do...  yet she is trying to communicate as she can best do.   I could spill a few pages on this gap but let's see if we can accept that other folks who grew up in cultures that are straightforward in a different way.   

I accept that her command of english is not great, but I'd prefer an honest explanation, reasons or add some sources at least to explain why I'm wrong/she's right. If she can't explain her statements, then why is she even here on a forum?

'You're rong, go away prease' shouldn't be an acceptable response to a Seeker of truth like myself who just genuinely wants a conversation with her but is not deemed 'worthy' because I'm more of a philosopher than a Neidan practitioner.

And if she really can't manage, then she is welcome to have the conversation in Chinese as my Chinese isn't too bad. I'll give a little to accommodate (though it'll have to be in simplified hanzi).

Edited by Ryan94
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ryan94 said:

This could be just individual learning styles though, right? But I will keep in mind what I said. I have spoken to a few Daoist monks and I realised before that they don't like questions! They could talk from dawn to dusk, but you can never get a word in.

When I first went to China, I thought its culture was amazing. To be honest, nowadays I dislike it more than I like it, due to my dislike of Confucianism and its influence in society today. I heard Tang dynasty China was not like this, and modern Japan's culture is descended from Tang China, so perhaps Japan is more my style. I don't know. Though the likelihood of it is that Eastern mindsets in general are antagonistic to my personality.

(Actually, the more I think about it, I guess Mongolians are quite like me. Perhaps that's why awaken doesn't like me. Anyway, i'm digressing too much now).

My wife is Chinese Man...  there is a very interesting take on someone's view within china on china...  Mongolians might feel that way too.

I spoke to the 'non-question' thing... I understand the issue on a certain level.   There is a very certain Confucian society at work, but I think there is one apt saying: Confucian by day and Daoist by night.   

If it is antagonistic to your personality, then you are western breed :)     No shame but a great truth or at least a realization.  We should know our differences and where we meet.   Which may include, where we cannot impose or force another to our thinking and way, yes?

I would not agree that Awaken doesn't like you... she likely doesn't like the style of the question.   

It is my opinion that chinese don't judge the person but the style of their approach.   In the west, this may be a good lesson. 

• Like 4

I accept that her command of english is not great, but I'd prefer an honest explanation, reasons or add some sources at least to explain why I'm wrong/she's right. If she can't explain her statements, then why is she even here on a forum?

'You're rong, go away prease' shouldn't be an acceptable response to a Seeker of truth like myself who just genuinely wants a conversation with her but is not deemed 'worthy' because I'm more of a philosopher than a Neidan practitioner.

And if she really can't manage, then she is welcome to have the conversation in Chinese as my Chinese isn't too bad. I'll give a little to accommodate (though it'll have to be in simplified hanzi).

I am married to a chinese lady and have been to china at least 20 times...  my heart beats chinese understanding... but I understand the East vs West gap...   I spoke in another thread that true freedom is allowing the other person to respond freely...  if it comes back as personal, then it is not a complete free dialog and discussion.  

A seeker of truth should be able to cut it up and keep the worthy pieces and let go of the unworthy pieces.   That is just my idea.

Follow your heart and inner signal.  Keep questioning and asking.

Why is she even here?  Why are you even here?

Ergo, that's why we're having this discussion...  and why the forum exists :)

• Like 5