WikiLeaks -- and some of the more charming and less terrifying elements of Anonymous -- are like society's immune system trying to fight back. :-)

RC

• Like 6

They claimed to have information people sent them.

What did they claim that they haven't backed up?

(Serious question, I don't follow news really, just occasional topics I see on a forum.)

RC

The past week they kept talking about a big information drop...especially the past day or two, yet nothing came.

Anonymous especially has said things in the past that they haven't done anything about.

Anonymous can't be conflated with WikiLeaks... not only are they not the same, but Anon doesn't have ANY center. Anybody can say anything claiming to be from Anonymous. And not everyone who wants to do so is good. Hence my caveat-ing out the better from the worse in that one. :-)

Yeah they said there was more coming but who knows... it is their timing and it does seem they have done what they could to get info out as they could, and a lot of it. It's not like they're funded like a major news media. If they hand over less than the expect on something in a tiny timeframe that doesn't make me cynical about the entire org. They've spent a lot of years -- and a lot of time harrassed and indirectly imprisoned (and killed, it seems) -- to do what they do.

RC

• Like 1

Well I am pretty sure that people use the Anon cover to send WikiLeaks stuff -- and I am pretty sure that most governments trying to get something public they can't officially make public are likely to use that route. So they might be CIA but they're probably everything else, too.

I find it difficult not to cheer Anon like they're Robin Hood sometimes.

Even though other times it's really not that way at all.

RC

• Like 1

So, just curious.  Do you think the charges against Assange are real or fake?

Who are his enemies?

How do you suppress someone?

Will he be exonerated?  Time will tell