Sign in to follow this  
daimai

Is it harmful to imagine ..

Is it harmful to imagine yourself having sex with someone you know? Some say sexual fantasizing is a healthy and natural part of being human, others call it astral rape. What do you think??

• Like 2

for those who deem they are being astrally raped, i wonder if they can dial the astral 999/911 helpline.

Is it harmful to imagine yourself having sex with someone you know? Some say sexual fantasizing is a healthy and natural part of being human, others call it astral rape. What do you think??

I think it's not only unwise to believe and teach that sexual fantasizing is wrong, I wholeheartedly believe it's dangerous.

Edited by roger

Fair enough, so what about the person on the receiving end, will their life be impacted in any way? Karmically? I am of course assuming a fairly healthy fantasy (although that would be quite debatable, wouldn't it? LOL)

Let's speak as adults here, I mean most of us with libidos do have naughty minds :)

Ps: I have to admit I do feel like a child asking this question, but I sometimes get the image of an über feminist type putting her clothes back on and whacking me over the face for my mental sin!

Edited by daimai

Fair enough, so what about the person on the receiving end, will their life be impacted in any way? I am of course assuming a fairly healthy fantasy (although that would be quite debatable, wouldn't it? LOL)

Let's speak as adults here, I mean most of us with libidos do have naughty minds :)

I believe you are safe to fantasize without impacting the other person unless you are deliberately connecting with the individual on an energetic/astral level during said fantasy.

• Like 2

Ive tried to commit myself to many spiritual practices over the years, but my libido is now pretty high. It's a dirty privilege indeed to indulge myself with a quick hit of fantasy derived dopamine.

I m far from advanced. I don't yet see how I would want to part with my libido!

Kar3n, how would I know the difference between just fantasizing and energetically connecting?? Of course, I set my intention, but I can't know what happens beyond that, and it just makes me worry about it like I am doing something wrong.

Ocfcourse, Id rather evolve, but for the time being, seems like it is what it is

In some ways, the matter is simple. But, since most people don't want to work directly with the mechanisms of mind and energy, there are a lot of unnecessary caveats that get thrown out there since very few people have even a marginally clean slate for making judgements.

For myself, I tend toward a puritan view of things (in the adjectival sense---I don't have much in common with actual puritans). If you are familiar with how energy works in the body, the only time libido manifests in that way is if your energy is unrefined.

With regards to actually impacting the person you are visualizing, Karen is fairly correct. However, you are wasting energy and deepening a deleterious pattern of energy usage. You are also polluting your aura with that kind of practice. You might not notice and others may not notice, but it is gunk that you will eventually have to deal with.

Roger is right if you would be in a state of "bad faith" by restricting your mind. But, under ideal circumstances (since I have been bothered for years by people who have done that sort of thing), it would be awesome if you'd get a practice to refine your energy so that you don't even want to visualize such things.

Fair enough, so what about the person on the receiving end, will their life be impacted in any way? Karmically? I am of course assuming a fairly healthy fantasy (although that would be quite debatable, wouldn't it? LOL)

Ps: I have to admit I do feel like a child asking this question, but I sometimes get the image of an über feminist type putting her clothes back on and whacking me over the face for my mental sin!

What I think is that, ultimately, every thought we have affects others. But our thoughts affect US far more than they affect others.

It's best to engage in loving fantasies. An aggressive or otherwise unloving fantasy will affect the fantasy partner only very minimally, but will affect the one fantasizing definitely negatively.

Every choice, including every thought, is born either of love, or fear.

Even sexual fantasies can be healthy and arise out of love, rather than fear.

• Like 1

Ive tried to commit myself to many spiritual practices over the years, but my libido is now pretty high. It's a dirty privilege indeed to indulge myself with a quick hit of fantasy derived dopamine.

I m far from advanced. I don't yet see how I would want to part with my libido!

Kar3n, how would I know the difference between just fantasizing and energetically connecting?? Of course, I set my intention, but I can't know what happens beyond that, and it just makes me worry about it like I am doing something wrong.

Ocfcourse, Id rather evolve, but for the time being, seems like it is what it is

Is your intent to connect on a level beyond your own mind?

Is your intent to affect the other person with your thoughts?

If you are feeling like something is wrong with what you are doing then I believe you have already answered your question about harm. I am not necessarily talking about harm to the other person, I am talking about harm to yourself. If it does not feel right, or if you question it, do not do it.

• Like 4

I agree with Karen: intentionally connecting energetically with someone else in a sexual way without permission -- not cool.  But most fantasies aren`t like that, even when they involve people we know.  We can debate whether or not sexual fantasy in general is a healthy thing, but those who say nay are holding to a pretty tough standard.  It`s a standard that might be appropriate for some people at a certain point in their spiritual development but, in my opinion, it`s definitely not for everyone.

How about first lets concentrate on sexual ethics in the realm of actual actions?  There`s plenty for most people to work with right there, before attempting to refine thoughts.  If you`ve got a so-called "dirty" mind but are scrupulous about how you manage your sexual energy in regards to observable behavior with other people, then hey, that`s pretty darn good.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

No, none of those are my intent.

However, as I had mentionned in another thread, I have a strange disposition about worrying that my thoughts are affecting others.

I worry essentially because I am somewhat paranoid in the sense that I dont know if I am unconsciosuly projecting an subconscious intent that might be harmful, without my even knowing it.

As far as conscious intent goes, I only project the very best and most loving and respectful that I possibly can, but I never feel 100% sure.

Is your intent to connect on a level beyond your own mind?

Is your intent to affect the other person with your thoughts?

If you are feeling like something is wrong with what you are doing then I believe you have already answered your question about harm. I am not necessarily talking about harm to the other person, I am talking about harm to yourself. If it does not feel right, or if you question it, do not do it.

No, none of those are my intent.

However, as I had mentionned in another thread, I have a strange disposition about worrying that my thoughts are affecting others.

I worry essentially because I am somewhat paranoid in the sense that I dont know if I am unconsciosuly projecting an subconscious intent that might be harmful, without my even knowing it.

As far as conscious intent goes, I only project the very best and most loving and respectful that I possibly can, but I never feel 100% sure.

You have to ask yourself how productive is it to consciously worry about something you are not even conscious of.

Until you have people telling you that your thoughts are affecting them, or they are acting differently toward you to one extreme or another I would say you have nothing to worry about. But you also have to make sure that your actions toward them have not changed causing them to treat you in a different manner than the norm.

Based on your explanation of your intent, I would say the person in your fantasy is going to be just fine. 

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this