Jim D.

Hillary and Trump

It seems very clear to me that the primary reason the news is keeping up the hype and the funded bussing and groups are keeping up the marches is because they still hope to convince the electors that it's just "such" a problem that gee whiz, no matter what, they should change their minds. The obsessing on every thing that happens, or doesn't happen, or happens a certain way, in the administration that is NOT EVEN IN OFFICE YET, is just another way of going "look what a disaster it is! you have to stop the train wreck!"

Which would be like giving in to a three year old having a tantrum and would very likely spark REAL riots, so I sure as hell hope not.

Also I trust absolutely nobody when it comes to this frantic need to not-have-lost, so as far as I'm concerned, while I'm totally in favor of whatever kind of review makes voting known to be legit, the 'recount' obsession is just a way for someone to try and insert, as one guy put it, the vote fraud they didn't realize they needed to do in the first place LOL.

So far one of the state claimed for voting machine irregularities appears to have paper ballets. The others, even Nate Silver said shows no irregularity when considered in the demographics of the voting everywhere else in the country. And to me, until someone makes something a lot more substantial out of the "three million dead people voted" -- because I am willing to bet most of those were for HRC -- then the obsession on the rest seems unbalanced.

Not that anybody wants to be balanced about anything...

RC

• Like 2

It's laughable that only 3.4% of voters, at most, signed the change.org petition for it.

Regardless, it's a very real possibility for the electoral college to vote against Trump. It ain't over til it's over.

Agreed. I'm completely neurotic about it. When I was interested in politics for the first time in SO long early in the cycle (long before the primaries), and woke up to a voice shortly telling me HRC would be president, I concluded it was my subconscious telling me the outcome was more fixed than it seemed and didn't want me to get my hopes up and be horribly depressed. But I figure I was obviously just wrong. Although it's the first time this part of me ever "volunteered" info that turned out to be wrong. But until he is literally sworn in I'm going to feel like maybe it was right. And at this point it would cause such horrible fallout if it changed, now I'm genuinely worried.

I just want this to be OVER. Honestly the angst associated with all this is ridiculous.

RC

I can't remember who posted this -- maybe jumpvote -- but it's allegedly the real stats from the states on the voting numbers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VAcF0eJ06y_8T4o2gvIL4YcyQy8pxb1zYkgXF76Uu1s/edit#gid=2030096602

I'm confused on the "non-citizen" votes. I can see that maybe they remove that # from the calculation of "eligible population" however that has nothing to do with the people who voted, since only a % of the population actually votes.

I find this very confusing. Here's a re-sorted couple of columns showing the largest % of non-citizen by state. But does this merely reflect the "estimated population of the state?" Or is this, for example, one possible reason why a few million DEAD citizens are said to have voted?

snaps_0105.jpg

I just want this to be OVER. Honestly the angst associated with all this is ridiculous.

RC

YES!!!!

PS I'm seriously wondering how Utah and Kansas got on the list at all LOL -- although, the KS officials are nearly rabid about illegals so they must have more illegals than one would expect, given their location. I know we have quite a population in my little city in Northeast OK but I imagine in the big cities it's dramatically more. Still it's evident the numbers by the borders are highest.