Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

Making the PPD section Pop more

Wondering what we could do, if anything to make the PPD area more pronounced.

We used to have it ordered by last post, instead of alphabetical.  That could add more pop; at the price of making it harder to find individual blogs. 

Harder to program, perhaps a 'Top 10 or Top 20' of the most widely used on the top??  A compromise so the well used ones get more eyeballs and the rest are alphabetized for easy finding. 

Any other ideas?   Is it even worthwhile to experiment?

• Like 1

Wondering what we could do, if anything to make the PPD area more pronounced.

We used to have it ordered by last post, instead of alphabetical.  That could add more pop; at the price of making it harder to find individual blogs. 

Harder to program, perhaps a 'Top 10 or Top 20' of the most widely used on the top??  A compromise so the well used ones get more eyeballs and the rest are alphabetized for easy finding. 

Any other ideas?   Is it even worthwhile to experiment?

I admit that this sounds good but I don't find any setting for ordered by last post.  The problem is we're dealing with Threads and not Posts. 

Just so you know, when I create a new PPD for someone, I have to manually set that PPD into a location... so they are fixed.

I personally don't use "new content" but I know that many do.

The best way, IMO is to click at the bottom left, "Mark Community Read", rather frequently... then only the newly posted PPDs will show up :)

• Like 1

Thanks Dawei

also

I'm a frequent user of 'New Content' button

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

Sign in to follow this