sagebrush

remarkable discovery

yeah-

in my heart of heart I try to encompass the idea that we are all ONE-which we are-but not look that way-but people drive me nuts.

I can be pessimistic at times-like looking at your info about short skirts and bikini is real b.s....as in I don't think that is your interest I think you made it up as a distraction :ph34r:

I have studied particular styles of writing and I can't be fooled! ;)

Not big on forums. not good in conversations. It is good exercise though to try to engage in reading other posts but I get tangled up either not understanding or I drift around with too much on the plate

I do not collect the rocks like I used to years ago--I probably had gathered over 100-gave a few away over time and kept some of my favorites. If I see one around I keep it but I am not up trolling beaches for them. no beaches here. ;)

I do find fossils frequently. found a cool one of a seashell heading to the movies a few weeks ago-perfect indentations-it practically jumped out at me!

installed shepards hook in the hillside tonight with hummingbird feeder. it is not very high up off the ground maybe 4 feet but stands off by itself so no cat can be hunkered down to pounce. those birds are so fast I don't think a cat would be successful.

hoping to photo them if possible from the window on the couch-

I get angry at my kid some-it is not so helpful-but I think the yoga is helpful to settle the moods..help locating the space for me to take care of myself and work at being and being calm.

had I not gone to restorative tonight I would have gotten very sore from all the days labor--but the yoga help to alleviate that stiffness that sets in and get tuned into inside the body for rest and extended holds.

allowing me to have more energy for the rest of the evening, focusing on the pranamayakosha ? and then letting go of the thoughts about me, female, worker, parent, etc.....

this does take practice

Edited by sagebrush

Nice post Sagebrush.  I wish to respond.

in my heart of heart I try to encompass the idea that we are all ONE-which we are-but not look that way-but people drive me nuts.

That is a trick concept.  True that we all are of the same source.  But we are individual aspects of the whole.  This concept that we are all One can lead to very destructive thinking.  We each are responsible for all our own thoughts, words, and deeds.  That's all the further we should go with this "we are all One" concept.  And we bear no responsibility for what others think, say, or do.

I can be pessimistic at times-like looking at your info about short skirts and bikini is real b.s....as in I don't think that is your interest I think you made it up as a distraction :ph34r:

Hehehe.  I was caught in a pessimistic moment the other day and was called on it.  Yes, short skirts and bikinis are a distraction.  (Multiple meaning.)  When I first joined this forum there was a purpose for my defining them as my interests.  The purpose served well.  I have just not felt it necessary to change it after my purpose was served.  If people can't see the real me in the words I post here then nothing else I could say would influence them to change their view of me.

I have studied particular styles of writing and I can't be fooled! ;)

I'm glad you were being observant.  The member "Jim D." had thoughts similar to yours.  He spoke to me of his thoughts.

Not big on forums. not good in conversations. It is good exercise though to try to engage in reading other posts but I get tangled up either not understanding or I drift around with too much on the plate

This is actually an excellent forum for expanding our ability to communicate with others.  And it offers excellent opportunities for learning how to ask the right questions in order to get a fuller understanding of whatever the topic is about.

I do not collect the rocks like I used to years ago--I probably had gathered over 100-gave a few away over time and kept some of my favorites. If I see one around I keep it but I am not up trolling beaches for them. no beaches here. ;)

I do find fossils frequently. found a cool one of a seashell heading to the movies a few weeks ago-perfect indentations-it practically jumped out at me!

I have a small rock collection I did back in the 1980s while on a vacation around the USA.  It includes mostly rocks from Western USA but also from border area of Mexico and Canada.

installed shepards hook in the hillside tonight with hummingbird feeder. it is not very high up off the ground maybe 4 feet but stands off by itself so no cat can be hunkered down to pounce. those birds are so fast I don't think a cat would be successful.

hoping to photo them if possible from the window on the couch-

Yeah, I enjoy seeing the hummers when they appear in my garden.  I think you are right about them being too fast for a cat but I did see a video where a Praying Mantis grabbed a hummer and gave it a body slam.  The hummer recovered but I'll bet it was in total shock.

I get angry at my kid some-it is not so helpful-but I think the yoga is helpful to settle the moods..help locating the space for me to take care of myself and work at being and being calm.

had I not gone to restorative tonight I would have gotten very sore from all the days labor--but the yoga help to alleviate that stiffness that sets in and get tuned into inside the body for rest and extended holds.

allowing me to have more energy for the rest of the evening, focusing on the pranamayakosha ? and then letting go of the thoughts about me, female, worker, parent, etc.....

this does take practice

Yep, everyday life often causes us stress.  We need to have a way to reduce the stress.  Stress isn't good for us or the people we are around.

-yeah well not so-

the praying mantis was on the Norfolk pine the morning someone had posted about sri chin moy.

I do not care if you believe me. I never saw it again after that day.

I forget the yoga practice related to the eyes going in circular movements in order to draw energy up.--but the night prior in yoga class we had done an exercise where we used the eyes and did a slow tracking of circles--sort of headache inducing.

interesting that you responded in purple- it takes me back to that day-

that is the color of the memory because of the satin house coat.

why did you choose purple

why did you choose purple

No special reason.  When the board was upgraded some of my functions got lost and quoting and replying works only the way I did it above.  

I needed a color that contrasted softly to the black type and chose purple.  No mystery there.

I believe you about the mantis.

And yes, if you see benefit from Yoga then you should continue.

I did some work at the fish ponds this morning.  Taking a break now, then clean up and go visit my best friend who is now in the hospital.

• Like 1

I rarely look at members' profile because I don't want anything to bias my interaction with other members. Sure, I'm not the most polite member here. In fact, on occasion I am probably viewed as being rude, etc.

But I do try to be honest and I do try hard to not discriminate. Yeah, I'm a sexist. But I never said I had no flaws.

Ah!, yes, the discovery was about hearts and being out in nature. Hearts are significant symbols for many (most?) people. And I think it's neat about the heart rock collection.

Did the military play a role in creating baisness in you?

To me significant symbols are repition of a thing, if i see the same thing twice or more in totally unrelated places i see that as a symbol.

I had thought the discovery was our friendship :/

• Like 1

Did the military play a role in creating baisness in you?

To me significant symbols are repition of a thing, if i see the same thing twice or more in totally unrelated places i see that as a symbol.

I had thought the discovery was our friendship :/

Well, yeah, I consider everyone I meet to be a friend until they show they don't want to be my friend.

I did spend 20 years in the Army so I can't discount that military life hasn't effected me in numerous ways.

Basically I am of about the same view as you.  Consistent, repeated behavior will cause me to make generalized judgements of a person.

Well, yeah, the discovery was the hearts.  Aren't hearts a symbol for friendship?

Well, yeah, I consider everyone I meet to be a friend until they show they don't want to be my friend.

I did spend 20 years in the Army so I can't discount that military life hasn't effected me in numerous ways.

Basically I am of about the same view as you. Consistent, repeated behavior will cause me to make generalized judgements of a person.

Well, yeah, the discovery was the hearts. Aren't hearts a symbol for friendship?

I don't know, were does the shape of a heart originate from anyway?

Real blood pumping hearts are like a fist maybe? But deffinetly not like 2 nike signs facing eachother filled in. I don't know where thats originated from. But maybe because people percieve that as the heart the universe shapes rocks for us like that.

Hearts could be a symbol for many things. Freindship is one.

I don't know, were does the shape of a heart originate from anyway?

From a woman's behind.  Up-side-down heart.

Real blood pumping hearts are like a fist maybe? But deffinetly not like 2 nike signs facing eachother filled in. I don't know where thats originated from. But maybe because people percieve that as the heart the universe shapes rocks for us like that.

Well, the next time you go out walking where there are younger women around wearing slacks you will get the picture.

Hearts could be a symbol for many things. Freindship is one.

Yes, the heart symbol is used in many ways.  Love, caring, friendship, and many other positive interactions between individuals.