Once a while ago when I was younger (about 12 13 or so) I spontaneously asked "White Eyebrows" to be my teacher in a prayer to him. I then ("heard" "felt") that I should take in the blackness of space as energy into my body. I did so for a little while but stopped and got really into Christianity. Anyways some years later I found similar techniques in a book on dark magick that the author got from Lucifer. Did I somehow tap into the source of dark Taoism? What are your thoughts on this guys? Any similar experiences?

Christianity ? ? ? ....  ' dark forces' ?   ....     

Harumph ! 

tumblr_mq0gtbll7s1s45uyfo1_500.gif

• Like 3

Little synchronicity.  Three days ago I was listening to a hypnotic routine that had you imagine your body as emptiness.  Yesterday I was listening to a youtube video from a Wim Hof practitioner talk about using the visualization of filling then emptying a balloon in your body, one with a white warm spot in the middle.

Emptiness within, feeling the vast emptiness without, is part of a couple of esoteric visualizations. 

• Like 1

I would say that it's not darkness in terms of evil forces and beings, as we commonly think of in our culture.

When it becomes night and you feel the darkness outside envelop you and bring you rest, it's not like the time of day is evil...it's just a natural cycle, and has some good effects. If there was no night, we would be harmed. So not all darkness is bad. Life moves in cycles.

It's like there are two different definitions of the idea of darkness/blackness...one referring to evil, and the other, not.

In this case, the "darkness" is perhaps more metaphorical...describing the mystery of the Dao. It's like thelerner said...emptiness. The voidness of space, inside and out.

Now...is this a purely positive force to be taking into the body? Some would say that sunlight and fresh air are positive forces to take in, and that black space is more negative.

I say...what are the results of doing it? If it provides some positive results and no negative ones, then perhaps it's good!